lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Directional Signal upgrade

It's going to look like this. It's tiny man, not really apparent unless you rip pedal apart.

If you have 3 way switch, chances are high it's there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10896.jpg (30.5 KB, 0 views)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys I will crawl under it after work and see what i can find.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
It's going to look like this. It's tiny man, not really apparent unless you rip pedal apart.

If you have 3 way switch, chances are high it's there.
I got under it and looked all around, I didn’t see anything like that or any wires. I saw a lever going from brake and into a black box on bottom and when I took that about on top it was the throttle switch and I didn’t see the brake switch anyplace. Any hint as to where to look? I am pretty sure its stuck or not working if I can find it.

Also someone posted about two wires tied off on the front drivers side by the wheel well, I got those, what are they for? I have looked at wiring diagrams I could find online but none are true full blown wiring for the harness and its components.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #24
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There should be a black and white wire that looks like it plugs into the brake pedal. that should activate the brake lights. You don't need to crawl under the cart to see it. kneel beside the cart on the driver's side and look at the brake pedal. There should be two wires (black and white) that plug into the micro switch. If you have a volt meter there should be 12v on one of them, can't remember which right now, but one should have 12v.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
There should be a black and white wire that looks like it plugs into the brake pedal. that should activate the brake lights. You don't need to crawl under the cart to see it. kneel beside the cart on the driver's side and look at the brake pedal. There should be two wires (black and white) that plug into the micro switch. If you have a volt meter there should be 12v on one of them, can't remember which right now, but one should have 12v.
No, nothing like that there. there are no wires to the brake pedal or anything under it. I guess my brake lights never did work… are the two wires wrapped to the firewall behind the drivers wheel well the wires for the brake light switch? I guess I got to add that to my list of stuff needed to get it street legal.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
No, nothing like that there. there are no wires to the brake pedal or anything under it. I guess my brake lights never did work… are the two wires wrapped to the firewall behind the drivers wheel well the wires for the brake light switch? I guess I got to add that to my list of stuff needed to get it street legal.
I went to a dealer today he showed me a brake pedal with a pressure switch on it, he said my flat regular pedal won’t work for brake lights, so i need a new pedal assembly at 150 bucks…..ugh!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #27
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
I went to a dealer today he showed me a brake pedal with a pressure switch on it, he said my flat regular pedal won’t work for brake lights, so i need a new pedal assembly at 150 bucks…..ugh!
There are other ways to do this. Here is one: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-204...universal.aspx
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #28
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
There are other ways to do this. Here is one: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-204...universal.aspx
Great you guys are really saving me money.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am stuck and can’t get the signals to flash or anything. The directions are lacking and read as if you have to cut into the wiring harness. The switch has the correct plug and appears to be plug and play with the EZGO The only part of the process I don’t have connected yet is the new brake pedal, but I don’t think that would cause the whole thing not to work. I have attached pics to help you see what I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1976.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1977.jpg (74.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1978.jpg (87.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1979.jpg (83.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Try this - the rear lights need to be rewired to get flasher to work

http://goo.gl/VV99I
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO