lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
shaggy454
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Electric EZGO beeping

I have a electric 2007 EZGO PDS with 2010 Trojan batteries. It was fine when I put it up for the winter. I keep it in the carport and would unplug the charger and plug in right back in every so often to make sure it was staying charged. Now when I am driving it, it will make 2 quick beeps followed by a single beep(beepbeep beep). I have no power loss while it is doing it. It only does it going up hills but only if I have it floored. If I creep up the hill it does not do it. The power and speed and quickness all seem to be fine. I have searched high and low so I'm turning it over to you guys. Thanks in advance for the help!
shaggy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
sdc19982002
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 Electric EZGO beeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy454 View Post
I have a electric 2007 EZGO PDS with 2010 Trojan batteries. It was fine when I put it up for the winter. I keep it in the carport and would unplug the charger and plug in right back in every so often to make sure it was staying charged. Now when I am driving it, it will make 2 quick beeps followed by a single beep(beepbeep beep). I have no power loss while it is doing it. It only does it going up hills but only if I have it floored. If I creep up the hill it does not do it. The power and speed and quickness all seem to be fine. I have searched high and low so I'm turning it over to you guys. Thanks in advance for the help!
That is a low battery voltage code. Cheack the voltaqge with a digital meter. Your dropping voltage under load which could mean low charge or bad battery or batteries.
sdc19982002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 Electric EZGO beeping

Since the cart runs normally, I suspect the wire the controller senses battery pack voltage on, has a bad connection somewhere.
Unfortunately, I don't know which wire that is and there are several possibilities.

The most likely suspects are the wires to pins 4 & 5 on J1. They should had FULL battery pack voltage on them at all times.
If either has anything less than exactly the same as the pack voltage, it might trigger a "Low Battery Voltage" alarm when the battery pack is under a heavy load.
(It is normal for the pack voltage to drop a few volts when climbing a hill. Pedal on the floor will cause the greatest voltage drop, backing of on pedal will reduce the amps being pulled from the pack, so the voltage doesn't drop as far.)

-------

If it isn't one of those two wires, we'll have to look at the other possibilities, but they'll be harder to check since the cart will have to be moving.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO