lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Pchapman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 07 TXT will not move and no reverse buzzer

Just painted and put my 07, 36 volt TXT, PDS together. I dropped a screwdriver and it made a very small arc between the terminal On the key switch and the radio I installed when the cowl was off. All together, lots of charge and nothing at all. Key on, no buzzer, no go..full charge. Any suggestions. Key sw has continuity when on.

Last edited by Pchapman; 11-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Added detail
Pchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 TXT will not move and no reverse buzzer

Sounds like you may have learned an expensive lesson about PDS carts, that being to always put the Run/Tow switch in Tow when working on cart.

I even put it in Tow when I check the air pressure in the tires, but I'm a bit OCD about such things.

You say you've got good battery voltage, so the next question is: Does the Solenoid click?

To get it to click, you have to have pack voltage on all the wires highlighted in red on the attached schematic.

J1 Pins 4 & 5 should have pack voltage on the all the time, except when the charger is plugged in, then J1 Pin-4 may be -0- if reed switch hasn't been bypassed.

----------
Let us know what you find.

If the controller is blown, it is a good time to upgrade to a better controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Pchapman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

With the controller cover off and the tow switch disconnected, I have pack voltage at J1 pins 1, 7 and 8 with nothing at pins 3, 4 and 5. Even if I jumper out the key switch I still get no voltage to pin 9! Should I jumper pins 8 and 9 to take out the key wiring?
Ps the solenoid does not click at all
Thanks and I hope your turkey is in
Peter
Old 11-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Let's back up a step.
Put Run/Tow in Tow and disconnect J1.
You should have B+ (Battery pack Voltage) on pins 4 & 5 with it disconnected. (Those two are the voltage sources for the rest of the voltages.)

BTW: When J1 is installed, Pins 1 thru 5 are right to left on the bottom.
When it is disconnected and you are looking at the part that plugs into the controller and the tab that hold it in place is facing down, Pins 4 & 5 will be the first and second pins from the left in the top row. Pin-5 should be a Red wire and Pin-4 should be a Red/White wire.

------------

Yes, the turkey is in the oven.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Pchapman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just found my error then read the post. Yes I have power at J1 pins 4 and 5. On connector J3. Power to all in Run and power to all but yellow in tow.
J4 no power to either green or red in run or tow
No power to yellow or blue on solenoid
Fearing the worst here
Old 11-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With all plugs plugged in:
Run/Tow in RUN
Keyswitch ON
F/R in F

You should have B+ on:
J1 Pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 9
J3 Pins 1, 2, 3 & 4
J4 Pin-2

If not, and the respective switches are good, the controller is bad.

If the controller is bad, I'd replace it with an Alltrax DCX400 (or 500), which will give you 24MPH on stock height tires.
Check out the #808 and #909 packages about 2/3 the way down this webpage: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
Old 11-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Pchapman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for all your help. A valuable lesson was learned although it will cost me a controller
Have a great thanksgiving
Old 10-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Hi guys was reading this post... a few days ago we had a major flood and our cart 2001 pds shuttle 36v all stock) sat in water for 3 hours that was just below the top of the batteries by an inch. The tow/run was in Tow. The reverse buzz was whining when I got to it and disconnected the batteries. ( which were fully charged and maintained since... I connected only the receptacle cables to the pack and left are DPI charger on like normal) It's been a few days we now have sun so today I went disconnected the pack opened up the controller housing and used contact cleaner on all the connectors .. cleaned it all up reconnected everything, cleaned up the fuses and fuse box on drivers side and the pedal assembly on the floor.

There is no reverse buzz, no click and the cart does not move forward or reverse. The lights turn on, the scottyB dash voltmeter turns on and pack is fully charged.

Should I follow the same diagnostics as was done above?

Thanks guys!
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Those are pretty much generic troubleshooting for a stock 36V PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) of any year.

The recommended replacement has changed to the Alltrax XCT48400-PDS (or larger), which was introduced in 2015.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

I'm thinking your thinking my controller is probably fried?
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO