lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
Million.Air
Not Yet Wild

Default No start, has fuel, has spark

Hello everyone, this is my first post , I have a 1998 Club Car DS that I have been having trouble with. The cart cranks over but does not fire, I have checked for fuel and spark and it has both which leads me to ignition. This no starting issue started when I tried to replace the voltage regulator with a new one. I put the old regulator back on (it was starting before with the old one on so I figured that had to be the problem) but still nothing. I was wondering if there is a fuse or something that I am missing because I have checked all the visible ones that I could see. Thanks in advance for the help .
Million.Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No start, has fuel, has spark

few things to check first , , you swapped the voltage regulator , which direction is the engine turning on the clutch side , it should be clockwise , if not you either have the regulator installed wrong or have the wrong part , club car changed the engine rotation direction in 96 , if your engine is running backwards it will not start and your engine will not start
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Million.Air
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply, the thing is that I switched it back to the old voltage regulator for that exact reason. Incase I got the wrong part or something. So with the old voltage regulator on there now that it was starting with before, I am still getting no start but also getting fuel and spark. Any other suggestions? I will still check to make sure it is spinning clockwise though and let you know.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check the plug and see if it is wet. If so, replace the plug. I have seen them fire out of the block but wont under compression. Then if it doesn't start, spray a little carb cleaner in the intake while turning over. If it catches you may have some water in the fuel bowl. If that is the case, you can open the drain to empty the bowl..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Million.Air
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so the flywheel is spinning clockwise. And I have already checked the plug and yes it was wet but that was after we sprayed starter fluid into the intake side. We pulled the plug, sprayed it with brake cleaner and wire wheeled the end. Also the gap looked to be too much so we changed the gap a little closer. After reinstalling it still does not start. I also have not noticed any water in the fuel filter bit where is the fuel bowl located so that I can check that for water. Sorry, I am new to working on these. Thanks again in advance for your replies.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bowl is under the carb.. And did you change the plug or just clean it ? I would change it. Spend the $4 and write it off the list.. Should be NGK BPR5ES I believe
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Million.Air View Post
Ok, so the flywheel is spinning clockwise....
The flywheel? or the Drive clutch?

The Drive clutch is the one that's supposed to spin clockwise!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Check your compression!!..I had the same problem and found the exhaust valve seat had fallen and stuck the valve open.so I had blow by which cause little compression or maybe your rings are bad.
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #9
Million.Air
Not Yet Wild

The side that turns the belts is spinning clockwise (would be harmonic dampner on a car). Also, pulled the float bowl and it had no water in it, a little bit of gunk but that's all. I am going to try to get the new plug today to make sure that's not it. As far as the valve dropping you think that could have happened just from changing the voltage regulator? This cart was just running a couple of days ago and that was the only thing I had done since then.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Million.Air View Post
The side that turns the belts is spinning clockwise...
That's the drive clutch! your turning over the correct way!

Carry on... (I've got nothin'!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car