lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
TXHop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT NoGo

I've got a weird problem. Cart ran fine. Parked it overnight and now it won't move. I have a full 37volt pack. all lights work.

The crazy part is that when i plug in the charger i can press the pedal and it moves.

I don't think its the reed switch because when i unplug the switch i get no power to anything.
Anyone know whats going on here?
TXHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT NoGo

37V is less than 70% charged. 38.2V is a full charge.

What does the pack voltage drop to when pedal is pushed without the charger plugged in?

What drive system?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
TXHop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
37V is less than 70% charged. 38.2V is a full charge.

What does the pack voltage drop to when pedal is pushed without the charger plugged in?

What drive system?
It's a PDS and the pack is at 38v.
Nothing happens when i press the pedal. Light work, backup alarm. SOC meter.

Looks as if the reed switch has already been bypassed.

If i plug in the charger it will move forward and backward.
Which is weird because on the posts of the pack i'm getting voltage and the charger port is lugged on the same posts
Old 06-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
TXHop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok so i'm not hearing the solenoid click.
Thinking that may be the problem
Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Solenoid not clicking is a symptom and the battery voltage has to go through at least three switches and at eight sets of plug/jack contacts to get to the yellow wire on the solenoid.

In a nutshell, there has to be battery pack voltage on every wire highlighted in Red to get the solenoid to click, so there are seemingly countless places for a problem to pop up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #6
USNBIP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Solenoid not clicking is a symptom and the battery voltage has to go through at least three switches and at eight sets of plug/jack contacts to get to the yellow wire on the solenoid.

In a nutshell, there has to be battery pack voltage on every wire highlighted in Red to get the solenoid to click, so there are seemingly countless places for a problem to pop up.
JohnnieB-Do you have a diagram like that for a 1998 EZGO DCS? Thats a great little diagram for a newbie like myself!! TIA!!
USNBIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
TXHop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! Looks like i need a six pack and a multimeter! LOL I gave up for the eve.. Will try again next week. Or just buy a Alltrax XCT48400 Controller/with Fan - 400A/1000A Solenoid - Silver Soldered 2Ga Cables - D&D ES-76-51 Motor - 7 X Exide GC-145 (42V/245AH)!! I've been looking for a reason to pull the trigger!
Old 06-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNBIP View Post
JohnnieB-Do you have a diagram like that for a 1998 EZGO DCS? Thats a great little diagram for a newbie like myself!! TIA!!
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - DCS - No Reverse Diode -KSI Traced.JPG (94.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHop View Post
Thanks! Looks like i need a six pack and a multimeter! LOL I gave up for the eve.. Will try again next week. Or just buy a Alltrax XCT48400 Controller/with Fan - 400A/1000A Solenoid - Silver Soldered 2Ga Cables - D&D ES-76-51 Motor - 7 X Exide GC-145 (42V/245AH)!! I've been looking for a reason to pull the trigger!
The XCT uses the same switches and control wiring as the stock PDS controller, so you need to find out what the existing problem is before upgrading.

A 42V battery pack is the sweet spot for a stock PDS motor, which doesn't play well with more than 400A or at 48V, but if you are going to install an aftermarket motor, go to 48V and set the RPM limit in the XCT to 6k or 6.5k or whatever gives you a comfortable top speed.

I'm at 42V because I was running a stock PDS motor at the time. And I was looking for a 30+ mile range, so I went with seven 245AH batteries. Since the range requirements no longer exist and I now have an aftermarket motor, my next set of batteries will probably be 6 x 8V-170AH, which has about the same range as the stock 6 x 6V-225AH (36V) battery pack.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
TXHop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So I checked all the red wires. I get 36V on all, pack voltage is 36v atm. Couldn't check the direction selection because those pins are behind the solenoid. I'm assuming it works because i get tone in rev and with the charger plugged in i get fwd/rev.

On another note i'm also getting 36V on A1 and B+ on the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO