lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
Kolassus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Voltage at Turn Signal

Hello all. I have a heavily modified 48v 1996 Club Car DS. I did all the modifications myself. I have installed a “street legal” kit on the cart which includes headlights, taillights, turn signals, and a horn.

Cart runs great, however, today I noticed that I am reading the battery pack voltage on the screws that hold the turn signal to the steering column. The lights are fed from a 12v reducer and work perfectly. But I am reading full 52vs if I connect my volt meter to any of the metal on the signal switch and the frame. I do not see voltage like this anywhere else in the frame, seats, etc. Only the steering column. What is weird is that the lights are only 12v, so I’m not sure how I am reading full battery pack. The Voltage reducer is tied into my key switch, so when the key is off, there should be no voltage. The lights do not work if the key is off, but I do read the voltage water the key is on or off.

Anyone run into this before? I would guess there is a wire somewhere being that is supplying the power, but I cannot find it. Will this cause harm to the cart? Will it run the battery pack down quicker? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kolassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Kolassus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Voltage at Turn Signal

Any ideas?
Kolassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Voltage at Turn Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolassus View Post
Any ideas?
Try posting in the club car forum for better response
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, light kit, turn signal, voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts