lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Turn Signal Wiring HELP

2005 CC Villager 6, with OEM/original harness. Trying to add a turn signal switch, bought 8-wire switch, see attached picture of switch and its wiring diagram.

Front marker lights easy to wire in. Unclear of how to wire the tail lights in.

I have also attached the wiring diagram for the 2005 CC Villager/Transporter series. Just trying to figure out where exactly to tie in the rear turn signal wires and the "brake light" wire from the turn signal switch. Thanks!

FYI: Taillights are LED replacements with 3-wire Hi/Lo filament, work great. Lo filament lit when light switch on, hi filament on when brake applied. Hi filament also illuminates when light switch off and brake applied; as expected.

Thanks for any input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Wire Front.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Wire Rear.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Turn Signal Switch.jpg (41.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Turn Switch Wiring.jpg (17.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg LED Taillights.jpg (15.4 KB, 0 views)
gatorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Turn Signal Wiring HELP

For those interested, I installed the lights over the weekend. Works great! The front turn signals wiring was easy to located behind the dash and directly plugged into the corresponding wires on the turn signal switch.

The power wire from the brake switch was plugged into a relay behind the dash that had a Y connector as an output which hooked into the rear brake lights (hi filament wire, yellow and white wires on CC wiring diagram). I unplugged the Y connector, giving me one wire coming of the relay and connected the Gray/Black (brake light) wire from the turn signal switch to it. I then connected the rear turn signal wires (grey and white wires from the turn signal switch) to the rear brake light wires (hi filament, labeled yellow and white in the club car wiring diagram. All worked as should...I left the horn wire unconnected as i have a button for that on the floor that still works, may hook it up in the future though.
gatorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
Stubble0425
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Turn Signal Wiring HELP

Gatorfl, where'd you get your turn signal kit?
Stubble0425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, lights, turn signal, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car