lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2023, 11:56 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1206AC-5201 controller question

CM you of all people I’m surprised that you haven’t built yourself a USB cable version of the Curtis scanner. You tear that up and you’re out $25 bucks.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2023, 12:02 PM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Gotta admit, I was planning to but our company has just ordered lithium clubbers and I need to invest in a new scanner. This one is not compatible apparently.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:39 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just an update on this old post.

My investigations on this cart ( actually a Cushman 800e ) showed me that he not only needed a new or repaired Charger, but the battery pack also needed replacing! Costs started to look prohibitive. After a bit of digging, i found a company in the UK that could supply a full plug and play Roypow lithium kit for it and would also save a fair bit of money. He got the kit, spent a few hours installing it and the only hiccup was the basic instructions did not explain about the charger lockout. I spoke to him over the phone and a quick move of the lockout wire to battery positive got him running. He and his course manager could not have been happier. less weight, more grunt and no watering. What more could a greenkeeper want All i need to do now is find some information to see if we can get a bit more torque out of the controller, but the Curtis web site does not list that particular one. I am assuming it is either superceded or OEM build.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Gotta admit, I was planning to but our company has just ordered lithium clubbers and I need to invest in a new scanner. This one is not compatible apparently.
My 1309 cable works with the old club cars.. Are the new ones different?
Old 03-07-2024, 08:49 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The newer OEM lithium club cars are a completely different system as far as i know. They have a system where you need a dongle plugged in that transmits to your phone etc to read and write to the controller.

Thats irrelavent for me now as we were supplied Tempo's with Roypow kits fitted and i can use my current Curtis programmer. Thats how I got the idea to convert my sons golf course Cushman ( EZGO lol ) haulers.

There are not many affordable kits for Lithium in the uk as import costs are prohibitive. Roypow seem the only sensible option as everything else is 12V batteries and we dont talk about those, do we.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:01 AM   #16
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Does your hauler have the automatic parking brake? I ask because that's the same controller part number as the RXV.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:38 AM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I can't remember the details but i have asked my son to confirm controller number and other details such as EMB etc. His golf course is a distance away. This was an update to an older post, but EMB is possible as he saw an error code this week for it he thinks as he borrowed my handheld to see if he could up the torque a little. Stupid thing is, typically ezgo/cushman does not have much info online. All the manuals seem to only cover DC drives and this is definitely AC.
I will point out that am mainly ezgo gas experienced and not particularly computer literate either, so Kgsc don't think I'm likely to start making cables and buying software lol.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:52 AM   #18
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Well if it has the EMB, he may want to retune the controller so it won't completely drain the battery and leave you stranded. I have a thread in the lithium section about this.

As for increasing torque, there's a couple settings you can tweak. Rapid hill climb = on. And the power limiting map to 100% if it's not already there.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:10 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Software is free. Cable and molex plug here is about $30. Does need a laptop or workstation to run but would give you developer access for the ezgo’s. At least the old ones. New ones need the handheld with the db9 and a canbus cable
Old 03-07-2024, 10:11 AM   #20
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that. I will wait until he confirms the controller and show him your post. Hopefully I will see him at the weekend.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO