lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
blloyd123
Not Yet Wild

Default club car throttle

many thanks for the wiring schematic and hookup info for my 84 club car,it runs great but i have an issue with the throttle....nothing happens unless you slam the throttle to the floor and then you risk wiplash....this car has an electronic box not a solenoid....any ideas? thanks for your time, Bruce
blloyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car throttle

What changes have been done on your cart? It must have been coverted because 84 Club Car came with 4-5 micro switch pedal control and 4-5 solenoids and resistors. if you have an electronic solid state controller then there has been MAJOR changes done?
It sounds like you have a pedal control problem, but first you must let us know what you have for parts NOW.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
blloyd123
Not Yet Wild

thanks old mec for the reply...i just got this car, serial no says its an 84 club car,does not appear to have been altered in any way. it has 5 solenoids and the throttle is connected to a square box in the battery compartment. i have cleaned all the connections at the solenoids and when i apply the throttle in stages all the solenoids click but i have no response unless i stab the pedal to the floor,thanks for your time...Bruce
Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Best to test this with the cart on blocks or jack stands in the rear .....
Remove the seat and slowly push the gas peddle down. you should hear 5 solenoid clicks during the peddle travel to the floor. The first one is the master, it opens power to the 4 speeds. Sounds like only the 4th speed is working.... Check the resistor coils for breaks or broken connections.... Just because a solenoid clicks doesn't mean it is working. Confirm a clicking solenoid is working by checking for voltage at the in and out side of the large terminals after the click.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

This sound like you have solenoids that are not making contact ( internally ) or there are poor connections between the solenoids and the resistors, or that the resistors are cracked or broken not allowing power to go through to motor.
Bad solenoids is not uncommon in this type of setup and just because they click does not mean they are good? Do you have a digital meter that you can use to check for voltage along the buss bar that connects all 5 solenoids together? This must be done while pedal is down enough to make each solenoid click. If so then check on other side of each solenoid while engaged to confirm power through each one to that connecting resistor. The first one ( nearest the drivers side is to feed power to the others )If you are sure that ALL CONNECTIONS are clean and tight and that the resistors are not broken then I would purchase one solenoid and place it in the #2 position ( 2nd one from drivers side ) Then see if that gives you another speed? I feel you will end up replacing all 5 but lets take it one step at a time. GOOD LUCK.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

GOOD ADVISE SCOOTYB I forgot to include jacking cart up in my post?? OLD AGE YOU KNOW????
I would add "DO NOT ALLOW MOTOR TO GET UP TO SPEED AS IT WILL DESTROY THE ARMATURE AND MAYBE HIT TESTER WITH MOTOR PARTS AS WELL"?
MURPHY LAW APPLYS
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
blloyd123
Not Yet Wild

thanks scottyb and old mec,i will give that a try when i get home tonight,Bruce
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car