lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
ruger.john
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Newbie questions

Hello to all. I just purchased a 1992 Club Car electric 36v. my first buggy. I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis so I bought it to help me in maintaining my fairly large property(20 acres)

My questions are sometimes I only use the buggy as little as 30 minutes in a day, sometimes an hour at most. Do I need to charge the batteries every night?
I notice corrosion at some of the battery connections although it was clean when I bought it 2 weeks ago. The fellow gave me some extra cables and said that this was one of the problems and I would have to change cables and clean the connections often. Do the spray corrosion preventers work?
ruger.john is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Newbie questions

The spray preventatives do work but I have found good ole wheel bearing grease to work better. Gets kinda nasty but its worth it. If your using it for 30 minutes you should charge it after each use. Check your electrolyte level at least once a week at first then when your familiar with how much it uses you could go longer , like once a month. Most important thing in an electric cart is to make sure all your connections are good.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum ruger.john.........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

keep your battery post and cable ends clean and tight always.......if batts need water use only distilled water and fill to just over the lead plates don,t overfill them or you,ll have more problems...............oh and welcome...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Mr. Roger, If you actually have cart under power for 30 minutes a day, I would say , yes charge it everyday. If your putting around and really only use 10-15 minutes petal time I'd suggest every other day charge.
I have no expert advice, but there must be a fine line between, "he didn't charge enough" and "he overcharged".

Trojan has a good tutorial about batteries for golf carts on their web site
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car