lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Tire Question

I think I posted my post in the wrong space. Just stumbled across this site so I'll repost.....

I came across a super deal on a set of Duro tires and rims....215/40r12. So I snatched them up.

I have a 2000 Club Car DS and I'm having problems. First of all, the front drivers side tire is rubbing on the air intake under the wheel well. And I have virtually no space between the tie rod end and the tire on the passengers side.

I purchased a 3" lift thinking it wouldn't look that bad, but it didn't look like I thought it would. Low profile tires on a 3" lift....not the exact look I was going for.

Any suggestions or mods I can do on my on to make these tires work?

Thanks
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
onebadstang08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiescd View Post
I think I posted my post in the wrong space. Just stumbled across this site so I'll repost.....

I came across a super deal on a set of Duro tires and rims....215/40r12. So I snatched them up.

I have a 2000 Club Car DS and I'm having problems. First of all, the front drivers side tire is rubbing on the air intake under the wheel well. And I have virtually no space between the tie rod end and the tire on the passengers side.

I purchased a 3" lift thinking it wouldn't look that bad, but it didn't look like I thought it would. Low profile tires on a 3" lift....not the exact look I was going for.

Any suggestions or mods I can do on my on to make these tires work?

Thanks
A negative offset comes into play with the over sized wheels and tires to prevent any rubbing from occurring when turning. A negative offset means the mounting holes are located more towards the inside of the wheel (closer to the golf cart) which effectively pushes the entire assembly outwards from the golf cart. This works wonders and is almost always mandatory for lift-kit installations. The vast majority of 10 and 12-inch golf cart wheels have a negative offset.

If you have your heart set on a particular wheel and the offset isn’t quite what you need, all hope is not lost. Golf Cart Wheel Spacers can be purchased in several sizes to give the wheel a negative offset.
onebadstang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

>>>http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...40-r-12-a.html<<<

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't know about the CC but most carts you can run up to 3" spacers in the rear no problem it moves the wheel/tire out that far. Many new wheels move them out some but some do not. Many stock wheels are 3.5/3.5 that means the wheel bead is 3.5 inch from the inside face that contacts the hub when you bolt it on (and 3.5 to outside of wheel). So a 2/5 wheel offset as common would be 1.5" more clearance inside the wheel to your cart and 5" of wheel is outside the spindle for total 7" width. So a 1.5 spacer would put it in the same place with a stock wheel (of course ignoring diameter of wheel).

However putting big spacers on the front can affect the steering and it can be better to widen the front suspension instead. Some report it works fine others say it has bumpsteer type issues and feedback/etc. On a car it can trash the bearings but seems to not be as much an issue on a cart.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts