lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 09 g29 tie rod problem...??? A arm???

If I turn my wheels to the right to make a descent sharp turn my right wheel locks out. It has to do with the tie rod end I think. It hyperextends, if you will. Its like instead of the rod stopping to keep this from happening the wheel will just turn way out. I have to go around and push the tire back in. The cart has a madjax A arm lift kit. I should probably take a picture of it when it happens again. It can be recreated very easily. I didn't know if there was an adjustment to keep this from happening or what I need to do about it. 1- it is annoying but mostly I am afraid of this happening when the cart is moving faster than just backing in or out of the garage.

Any Ideas???
And thanks. I haven't found anything like this on here anywhere. If it is you can just tell me how to search it. Thanks again....
volley_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 09 g29 tie rod problem...??? A arm???

Rhox does the same BS.... Put one on a Drive, hated it, took it back off. You wont like my idea of a solution (send that @$&% back, then buy a kit from the only place Yamaha gets theirs from, Hint: starts with a "J" ends with a "akes")
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Lol.... well, it was on it when i bought it. I am just getting into this but i thought that was a descent brand. If this is a standard though, then that does suck... I would like to figure out a way to adjust it or something.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the right side tied rod end appears to be out all the way but it wont adjust any. In or out. The bar moves maybe a half a turn then locks up. I am afraid to force it much. The left side was all the way in. I adjusted it some. Instead of going with a straight steering wheel or with the driver side tire I got the right side tire straight and adjusted the left side to the right. I think that may have helped a little but the toe is still out. The front and rear difference is more like an inch instead of 1/8"-1/4". It looks like the steering box sits higher on the right side which puts that joint at more of an angle than the driver side.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I had no luck "adjusting it out". Lift kit sits in a box, useless.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #6
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone tell me if the steering box in a yamaha drive sits a little uneven? Maybe a little higher on the passenger side than the drive side?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

This condition doesn't sound too safe???
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by volley_wood View Post
Can anyone tell me if the steering box in a yamaha drive sits a little uneven? Maybe a little higher on the passenger side than the drive side?
I dont think so.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #9
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a Jakes and have not had any problems. This is the second season with it.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2504 View Post
I have a Jakes and have not had any problems. This is the second season with it.
Thats why i still pay a little more for it........... The cart i was talking about before, its still working perfect "lock-to-lock, forward or reverse"..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha