lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Best battery meter for G29

I have a 2007 G29 and need a battery meter. The cart gets used often and I don't want wife or kids on other side of golf course and then run out of charge. This is my second Yamaha and my other cart's meter was simple installation with the key switch and batteries. The G29 key switch is different . How are the meters installed on the G29's?
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Default Re: Best battery meter for G29

I like the pro charging meter. Is a little bigger but it's super accurate and a monkey could hook it up
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #3
plumber802
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just bought a meter as well and am curious as to how it gets wired to the key switch on a YDRE.Any recommendations? Thanks.
plumber802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your asking what is the best meter for any cart then the answer is really quite simple. A digital voltage meter hooked up across the battery pack, with a small voltage to % of charge remaining placard right next to the meter... These small meters use a TINY amount of energy and can remain on 24/7 with no real draw to the battery. You can do a lot of trouble shooting with them too....

Also learning to follow one premise that being if parked plug the cart in will go a long way to making sure that the cart will not let you down on the other side of the golf course or wherever you may be...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber802 View Post
I just bought a meter as well and am curious as to how it gets wired to the key switch on a YDRE.Any recommendations? Thanks.
did you ever get an answer on how to do this? i'm looking to do the same.
Keith93611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Many, but not all Drives have a set of wires wrapped up with red electrical tape under the cupholder just for installing a meter.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My meter stays on 24/7 and I prefer it that way. When you do a walk by you can see how much charge the cart has as opposed to having to turn the key on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
Kerusm
Getting Wild

I got a digital off eBay for $11.00 and it works great. I didn't care for it
being on all the time so wired into switch. Very simple.
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha