lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #21
AFBob
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Smoother ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hard View Post
We too looked at the Ranger when we were purchasing. My wife liked driving the GC but was totally turned off driving the ranger. I agree the Ranger seems like a much better deal but I think for our purposes the GC was a better purchase.
T-Hard, I agree with you. Hey, I'm curious. We drove our Drive2 for the first time at night and I thought my brakes lights weren't working. I looked at the manual and it never mentioned brake lights! I knew it didn't come with turn signals but isn't it dangerous driving on roads without brake lights? I'm guessing your cart doesn't have them either (unless perhaps you have turn signals). The owner's manual lists the headlight and taillight replacement, but nothing about a brake light.
AFBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #22
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

You are right mine doesn't have brake lights either. I was told that Yamaha is coming out with a kit for the turn signals that will incorporate brake lights. I was a little miffed that the tail lights were not LED too.
T-Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:28 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

PTV lights are the setup intended for street use. Street use includes turn signals & brake lights (your car has to have turn & brake lights, right) . The "basic lights" Are just for you to see & be seen at night, not public street use. The PTV lights come with Led tail lights from the factory. This "didn't come with brake lights" thing is not new, the "basic lights" were always just headlights & running lights since the Drive came out. The truth of the matter here is that the dealer is ordering them with the "basic lights" to save money, then you figure out later what you missed during the original sale. Then you are back at the dealer to have the "upgrade" done ($$$). We only order with the full PTV kit, when every one we sell is "fully equipped" with street lights, it's a selling point (nothing else needed, this is no "fly-by-night" deal). Of course, if someone wants one with basic, or no lights, we'll order one equipped that way too. Most of our clients are street/golf community users.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha