lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 04:51 AM   #1
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

Default battery storage w/auto batt trkle chgr

I need to store my 48v club car ( 6 inline 8v batteries) I intend on putting an automatic battery maintainer from the neg on the first battery to the pos on the last battery after fully charging them. Storing for 8 months! Any comments from you battery experts or others who have done the same, is this ok
jjoediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: battery storage w/auto batt trkle chgr

If you need to add water try to do this at least 2 weeks and/or 5 charging sessions before going into long term storage; as it takes time for the water to be fully mixed in. Be sure your batteries are clean and your terminals also are clean and tight. Your looking for a float voltage of about 54 volts and as long as it is a low amperage float charger for the proper voltage you will not have to worry about it gassing off the water levels...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I use one of these..http://www.saveabattery.com/ for 48 volt I leave it plugged in all the time. never for 8 months straight. On the plus side if the power should go out it will restart without issue.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would also recommend disconnecting the battery from the cart (neg or pos) for long term storage.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

oh crap I'm in the wrong forum. I thought this was Yamaha Electric.............. JK
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #6
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

I think I'll disconnect both the pos and neg from the cart and hook up the tender to those to make sure I encompass all 6 batteries. yes?
Old 04-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes - and you only need to disconnect one terminal to isolate the pack. (make sure it's either the most pos or most neg - not between batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #8
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

one more noted quirk. The cart seems to shudder at times, seems to happen after running for 10 mins, however when it's cooler out the cart goes nicely but when warm/hot it seems sluggish. I have really cleaned all terminals and battery connections well, I'm also thinking I need to clean the main neg ground as well as the main pos connection
Old 04-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoediv View Post
one more noted quirk. The cart seems to shudder at times, seems to happen after running for 10 mins, however when it's cooler out the cart goes nicely but when warm/hot it seems sluggish. I have really cleaned all terminals and battery connections well, I'm also thinking I need to clean the main neg ground as well as the main pos connection
Batteries sound weak...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #10
dlaf7577
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

While we are on this topic, and I am new to the cart show, I have a question about the charger. I was told that the charger I have for my g22e has a "trickle". Can somone help me and let me know for sure. I am in upstate NY and we have some nasty winters at times. thank you all for you time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.0 KB, 0 views)
dlaf7577 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery storage, long term storage, storage, trickle charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha