lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
Fastbrody
Not Yet Wild

Default Things to look for when buying a used cart

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy my first electric golf cart and I was wondering if there is anything I should look out for. I saw an ad for a 2002 Yamaha electric cart that I am interested in. The ad says the batteries are bad so I will not be able to test drive it. Are there any tips or tricks at what to look at when I am inspecting the electric motor or the rest of the cart? It seems like a good deal and I don't want to fall victim to a Money pit.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fastbrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Things to look for when buying a used cart

If you cant test drive it, it has to be priced as a "non-running cart". Pass on resistor coil carts (G1, G2, G3, G5 electrics), unless staying 100% totally-stock is your plan (or gutting the entire speed control system and starting over).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #3
Fastbrody
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you cant test drive it, it has to be priced as a "non-running cart". Pass on resistor coil carts (G1, G2, G3, G5 electrics), unless staying 100% totally-stock is your plan (or gutting the entire speed control system and starting over).

Thanks, how much would gutting the whole speed system cost ? It's a 2002 so maybe it's a g19? Thanks again
Old 04-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Would you buy a 14 year old used car that you couldn't test drive? I would look for something newer unless you want a major project and plan to spend way more than you pay for the cart in upgrades.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Fastbrody
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Would you buy a 14 year old used car that you couldn't test drive? I would look for something newer unless you want a major project and plan to spend way more than you pay for the cart in upgrades.

If I could get it for under $400.00 I think it would be a good deal and I like working on projects and learning new things! Thanks for the reply
Old 04-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

I once remembered a guy got an old used ezgo txt for 150 bucks and sold the batteries for 200. Then he had a cart and 50 bucks to start his project. I have no idea if under 400 makes it a good deal but I always doubt if the cart is totally ok why the seller won't sell his cart with new batteries at a higher price.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
zhhb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2002 should be 48v G19e. Check ScottyB www.cartsunlimited.net for upgrade packages. But be sure you have a goal in mind before you contact anyone. Is it gonna be lifted w/ big tires, is it gonna be for street (& how fast), is it gonna have a rear seat kit for extra people (weight), is your terrain flat or hilly. Your budget may be stretched if you "want it all". Dont even consider a total upgrade/rebuild if the batteries are used & unknown condition, thats a great recipe for disappointment, factor top-notch batteries in to the build.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha