lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default F/R shifter

I just bought an 89 CC DS Gas with a fresh rebuilt F82 engine in it and it runs great when I was driving it I noticed that the forward / reverse shifter had a lot of play in it up and down and in and out being that it's metal not plastic like the newer ones I decided to try something I had a good metal sleeve that goes in between the rubber bushings on the leaf springs it fits the metal shaft of the shifter and also can be pressed into the shifter housing by using a vise I cut off the excess with a cut off wheel the filed it down flush with the housing I also put some anti seize on the shat it turned out great no more sloppy shifter I would think you could do the same thing to the plastic one I could have bought a new one from 18 to 25 dollars but I am a retired mechanic after 45 years and I don't give up that easy
MoparChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: F/R shifter

Nice work!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car