lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: blowen motor

Yeah they are $1400 but that is the kit with a whole new engine all assembled tested and ready to bolt in, clutch,exhaust system,belts, motor and S/G mounts and pulley.I haven't done a G16 but the G14 was an afternoon bolt in. A couple of more notes we are talking about an engine that is all new 6000 rpm capable 20 some hp with VERY cheap replacement parts. And anyone who has actually driven one can tell you it is day and night against any stock based engine.The first time you drive it you cannot believe the power. Just my .02 based on what I did.P.S. That $1400 is shipped to your door and there are no cores to send back or any other hidden costs.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

But if your crank or block is not damaged and you are happy with the power output of the stocker the easiest way to go would be to fix what is wrong. None of the other parts are all that expensive. Mr. Mike on this site saved 2 G16 's with minimal cash outlay.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:43 PM   #13
duramax
Gone Wild

yeah i like yamaha stuff its dependable the motor was 20 yrs old & just gave up still had 145psi compression not bad for that old. i would like the extra power as we ride some steep hills in the ga mountains but i also like the mpg on the stock engine as we ride it about 50-60 miles pr week when we are their on vacation.the stock motor was super easy to pull 25 minutes with only a cheep socket set i had. i think i may go back stock so the install goes easy dont want a 2 week project on a 2 week vacation. has anyone got the hot cams that plowmans sells for the stock motor?
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:15 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

An interesting point with the 24" tires on the VC 460 I barely touch the throttle to go 20-25 mph so I am getting around 60 mpg.That is a lot better than I was getting with the stock G14. My guess the reason is that it only had the stock 18" tires and I had to be pretty far into the throttle to get 20-25 mph to flow with car traffic. The VC swap with the kit is an afternoon bolt in not a 2 week project.But patching up my smoking G14 with rings and rod bearings got me 350 hours of use for around $100.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #15
duramax
Gone Wild

mine ate the teeth off the cam shaft gear & i have no idea what else those metal parts found their way in to + the compression is getting low & you cant just hone these things out with a cordless drill they are a tight fit
Old 10-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #16
duramax
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
An interesting point with the 24" tires on the VC 460 I barely touch the throttle to go 20-25 mph so I am getting around 60 mpg.That is a lot better than I was getting with the stock G14. My guess the reason is that it only had the stock 18" tires and I had to be pretty far into the throttle to get 20-25 mph to flow with car traffic. The VC swap with the kit is an afternoon bolt in not a 2 week project.But patching up my smoking G14 with rings and rod bearings got me 350 hours of use for around $100.
how many trouble free hours or years do you have on the vc swap?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #17
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
mine ate the teeth off the cam shaft gear & i have no idea what else those metal parts found their way in to + the compression is getting low & you cant just hone these things out with a cordless drill they are a tight fit
You are very correct!!!! If you want to keep it stock "ish" you will be VERY PLEASED with the Plowmans engine you will be riding and enjoying right away
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
how many trouble free hours or years do you have on the vc swap?
Installed in october of 2014.I have since logged in 155 hours on the VC 460. I would never be happy with a stocker after having the VC unit.The cart was ok before but it is an absolute blast to drive now.I had a plowman's exhaust ,rejetted carb,K&N filter,disabled governor and it would wend its way to 4500 rpms. I would floor it all the time and eventually get up in speed.Now I can just wiggle my toe and I am at 25 mph, hold it down for a bit and I am doing 40 mph. I pulled my old engine out on friday when the VC unit arrived.Installed and did the oil change and valve adjustment on saturday,and went out speeding around on sunday morning.Even with my self imposed break in rpm of 3500 the results just plain astounded me.More money than fixing your stocker but it is a brand new fully sorted transformation. I will be the first to admit getting a buy out the kit from someone who decided the swap was too much trouble started the process but if something happen to this cart I would find another yamaha with a bad engine get another VC 460.BUT in the end it is all WHAT YOU WANT!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 PM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

While I am doing this a couple of other things. Replacement VC parts are cheap; $60 for the crank,$50 high torque cam,$100 for the block, and soon $100 for a billet rod and piston.AND once you have the other parts in place for the swap if you somehow managed to blow the whole engine apart with nothing surviving, for a mere $600 you can have a brand new one delivered to your door.That was my logic in the first place when looking at parts for my smoking G14.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha