lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
Ewelder76
Not Yet Wild

Default CarryAll 272 smoking issue

I family member recently picked up a 2008 CarryAll 272 with 2300 hours. The problem is it smokes like crazy and uses 1/2 qt of oil for every day that it is used with any duration. It seems to have good compression as it starts and runs well (although I haven't had a chance to get a compression test done). I'm assuming a bad oil ring on the piston is the culprit on this FE400D. The machine is located a long distance away so I haven't had a chance to crack into it yet for further investigation. I'll likely have to pull the motor and that won't be fun due to the 272 having a cross member right over the top of the engine.

I had heard previously that the head gasket can deteriorate between the combustion and pushrod chambers causing substantial smoking. I wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and could cause an issue like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1974.jpg (318.4 KB, 0 views)
Ewelder76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: CarryAll 272 smoking issue

Previous maintenance on this engine would be good to know. 2300 hours with poor maintenance- big issues. The amount of oil use points to big issues also, but like most things, you just need to look at it and see what it needs.
Seems a shame if it needs major work for such few hours
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #3
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CarryAll 272 smoking issue

without a good visual inspection and proper diagnosis it is all just a scientific wild *** guess
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car