lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Plowman's Riot Kit Review

WOW! I can't recommend buying from Don Plowman enough. After you drop the coin on a nice motor and controller, the purchase doesn't stop there!! What you get for your money, nowadays, rarely exists. When I purchased my Riot Kit, I had problems. The list is a page long. BUT, Don helped me figure out each one. Bad batteries, wires connected in the wrong places...1 on 1 internet programming and diagnostics of my setup is how he helped me figure out the next step. Called a couple weeks later to see how things were going. Checked back after every change I made. He didn't give up until I was so happy I peed myself! He is passionate about what he does, what he sells, and the customers he has. Word of mouth means a lot to him. Hence why I am writing this review.

All of the issues I had were due to a weak link of my existing system. Regardless, Don helped me figure it out. Not because he wanted to sell me more stuff, but because he is a businessman who thrives on satisfaction. A job well done and completed.

If you want to get in your cart, put your foot on the gas deep, and boogie.....The Riot Kit is the way to go. The R&D of his time put into this configuration is hands down the BEST! IMO. The adjustability of the ALLTRAX controller is pretty sweet! He also guided me through the adjustments and that is key to getting it set up for your other drivers/riders. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt. So, when you order your kit, he will initially install the parameters that suits your style of driving. I personally had it set up to HAUL A$$! I have tamed it down some to suit my wife....( Only cause she got tossed from my high speed cornering) Sorry babe!

So, if you wanna know what you're paying the good price for..... It's not just for parts. It's for an experience many business owners should take notes on! Really proud of my decision to go with Plowman's Carts. And so is my wife! For it was for her cart that I installed this!

Thanks Don, you are truly a man of your word!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowman's Riot Kit Review

kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

When i had a stock engine in my cart, the best upgrade i ever did was when i put his secondary clutch kit in it.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ghee Vinny......do you have any GOPRO of the wife toss incident? If not....can you borrow a GOPRO and request that your wife do this again and get it on film? I only ask as it would be a good video for safety purposes on this site. Yeah....really......safety only. That's why I'm asking.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #5
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Well if you don't tell anyone, I know a guy that was driving to fast through a corner and may of got on the brakes a little to hard and might of slipped out of the cart. He also tried to hang onto steering wheel and got drug and ran over by his own cart before it went into the timber. But for some reason I can't remember his name. Maybe he had a head injury also not sure because he is pretty hard headed.

And yes Don is good to work with.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:10 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

^^^^^^-------^^^^^^^
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Tom Tom
Not Yet Wild

My cart was lame. Purshease the riot from Don plowman and it is the bomb!!!! Went from 13 MPH to 29MPH!!! 1st day dut i expect it wii get faster. Don is very personanable and he has talked me though everythind and consulted me in the entire install. He tried tried ease me into it but I thought I new it all. I did skin myself up doing stupid crap (didn't hurt the cart but I may need a couple of stitches)LOL. I wiil post pictures of my awsome bad *** cart. 2013 Yamaha 3" lift and loaded.
Tom Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nah, didn't get any video. I did feel really bad! Kinda put a downer on the evening. Don't know how it happened really. We have so many off camber areas that I'm thinking a long travel kit really needs to be super stiff for this terrain. May just ditch the shocks and fab up airbag mounts. Then I can lower it in those areas.

But yes, I am really stoked with the adjustability and the power I now have.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha