lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2017, 04:11 AM   #21
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: overriding run/tow switch

Quote:
I don't know what Brands Hatch Motor Racing is
Brands Hatch is the name of a motor sport circuit (once formula 1 )
and all sorts of motor racing is done there!

Quote:
The problem on the course, if it is anything like this side of the pond, is a minority of the people on the course who are not real golfers. They want to ride around, drink, hit golf balls all over the place and tear up the course.
This exactly describes our problems! Also we get dirt bikes on the greens, burnt out cars all over the place (three this season) and we have even had one golfer attacked and his cart taken in broad daylight with plenty of witnesses. Again, the police are not interested, they come, take a look and say "well, there is nothing we can really do"

So it just leaves us to clear up the aftermath. The Company that owns the courses, 16 in total, just suck it up. the golf course are part of a much bigger concern including leisure centres, swimming pools, wellness and fitness centres etc and they just worry about the bottom line in the profit. We, as a working team on the ground just have to make the best of it.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2017, 04:40 AM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Ok, I looked it up. What you are calling a "circuit" is what we call a "track." We use the terms "circuit" and "series" as referring to a particular class of racing. (Even though Indy could be a track or circuit or series here).

You gotta lock those undesirables out somehow. Keep it simple as others have suggested.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Rather than creating an alternate path around a safety circuit, a have a suggestion for a modified version of your idea for consideration.

Make a short 2 wire harness with quick female connectors that goes to a fuse or hidden switch, this will provide the actual Tow/Run switch functionality.

Disconnect the 2 female quick connects from the original Tow/Run switch and plug to your new harness.

Make another 2 wire short harness to go from the Original Tow/Run switch to the Controller 16-pin connector.

Use ScotchLok T-Taps to tap into the Reverse buzzer and a negative source at the Controller 16-pin connector (this will be a low current tap).

Physically turn the original Tow/Run switch around 180 degrees.

That way when someone turns the Tow/Run switch to Tow, the reverse buzzer will go OFF, which will be an indication/reminder to a staff member that something is different and miss-direct a vandal to the source of the sound which is not where the override is located.

You would only need a pair of pliers to install this modification if the short harness were already pre-made.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #24
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

will look into that one. Just left the meeting with the upper management and they have said that as we are replacing the carts in march, do the rest of the fleet as i have already done and trial it until then. Once we have a decision on which brand of cart we are looking to replace with, then we will invest in a total control gps system and lockout the tow facility in a safer manner.

Problem solved! still willing to listen to other ideas though LoL
Old 09-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #25
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

How about a steep security deposit, or when they rent a cart they must leave their driver's license or a credit card at the office until the cart is returned. Bars here do that all the time when you run a tab.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #26
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

We have just today since the meeting, cracked down on staff to make sure they photocopy drivers licences! but in the UK, it is apparently illegal to hold Licences and credit card details as deposit. This was made known to me at the meeting today when i said that it was something we need to do and reminded them that i had suggested this a long time ago. Shame nobody told me this before! LOL

The steep security deposit scares our bosses! I think they are worried we would lose revenue as the carts are a major part of our profit. It is a shame they cannot see that investing some of that profit in security will actually increase the percentage due to less down time and repair costs. Doh!
Old 10-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #27
scrannel
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
It's not the general public causing the problems, it's immigrants and travelers!
It's all right, we scape goat on this side of the 'pond' as well. (The first time I first lived in London, Paki-Bashing was the sport). Your real problem is you are a non-confrontational society with very gentle courts suddenly trying to deal with "others" who have spent their lives being very confrontational. The answer, as you have essentially danced around, is the people renting out the carts need to get very confrontational as well. The idea that this somehow has to trickle down to you is absurd.
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #28
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Lol. Trouble is being a soft society I agree it causes problems, but as soon as we try to do anything about it we get slammed for being racist etc. We just cannot win. While talking to a police officer after a break in on site. I suggested we took the law into our own hands and his reply was, if only you could we would not have half the problems we have to deal with daily! Needless to say he was an old school copper.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:34 AM   #29
scrannel
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Lol. Trouble is being a soft society I agree it causes problems, but as soon as we try to do anything about it we get slammed for being racist etc. We just cannot win. While talking to a police officer after a break in on site. I suggested we took the law into our own hands and his reply was, if only you could we would not have half the problems we have to deal with daily! Needless to say he was an old school copper.
Feel for you man. Good luck with this. And let us know if you so figure out a mechanical solution. Was looking at remote control shut-off devices for golf carts, but range was too short for your needs.
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #30
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Funny, We had a remote shut off system but that was when we ran yamaha a few years ago. it either worked fine, didnt work or shut off all the buggies at the same time. Not good when you have thirty dead buggies on the course and 30 people calling the pro shop about it LOL. Apparranly, Club car supply a system called visage. It is all singing all dancing gps control system. Expensive but brilliant. I am trying to get the company to invest as we are changing the fleet in march and i think we need it. It even tells you if a buggy is not charging in the shed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car