lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
Gwarren367
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 CC DS intermittent no go

Serial: AQ0540 - 555424

Intermittently won’t go. Total batt voltage is 49v. Threw a solenoid at it because it was so intermittent. Same problem jumped the two wires at the MCOR to eliminate that and it still did it. Finally got the cart to die long enough to find that there is not power to solenoid. Followed this diagnosis chart :

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Club%2...ing.pdf#page17

After following the step for solenoid doesn’t close it says to replace the OBC.
Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like it could be the controller grounding the solenoid? Not the OBC. I did try a OBC reset and still could not get it to run again

Owner also says the little amber battery light stopped working. Owner also says that when it dies it could last days to weeks without working again

Any help I would appreciate! Don’t hesitate to ask questions!
Gwarren367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 CC DS intermittent no go

That is a SepEx cart and the OBC does not control the Neg solenoid activation as in a Series cart.

What were you missing when you tested the small posts off the solenoid?

Solenoid Testing:
(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc

Are you missing either of these when you test?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
Gwarren367
Not Yet Wild

I had both meter leads connected to the solenoid and I had like .5 volts. I do not have access To the cart, I am trying to help someone out and they are no close by. Can you tell me where the power circuit comes from and where the ground circuit comes from? That would help me when I go back and check the cart again. When I find out if I’m missing power or ground I can chase that circuit

Thanks so much for your help, glad I didn’t by a OBC
Old 05-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarren367 View Post
Can you tell me where the power circuit comes from and where the ground circuit comes from? That would help me when I go back and check the cart again. When I find out if I’m missing power or ground I can chase that circuit
Here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 IQ.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2004_Precedent_IQ.jpg (1.30 MB, 0 views)
Old 05-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarren367 View Post
I had both meter leads connected to the solenoid and I had like .5 volts
Yes, without connecting to each individual small post and pack as described in the previous post you would not get voltage as none would be applied unless you had both the positive and negative activation present.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #6
Gwarren367
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much for your help. Using your best guess wouldn’t it be more likely a faulty controller not supplying the ground intermittently rather than a key switch, I guess it could be a wire. It’s just so intermittent. I see the controllers are 400$ so it a expensive part to throw at it. Is it common to see controllers go bad or have you seen a fair share of wire issues
Old 05-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You have a lot of testing to do before you can confidently say it is a controller. And yes, a bad wire has came up before, although not as often as an MCOR, Solenoid, Controller, etc.

That is why I gave you the testing method for verifying the positive and negative activation wires that go to the small posts. A lot of time, if you do not have both inputs present, the test will point you in the right direction and you can drill down from there.

And many, MANY times a problem like you describe has turned out to be a loose connection in line somewhere or simply removing and re-landing all terminals, spades, connections, etc. has fixed the problem.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #8
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't forget to charge the battery pack!
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car