lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
cameross42
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How to troubleshoot Controller and motor?

I have a 2012 drive that has stopped running, it has brand new batteries installed. It started shuddering a few weeks ago while starting from a stand still and then would run fine. I checked connections and the leads to the motor seemed fairly warm so i let it sit until the next day. it was ok for awhile that day but then began to shudder again and died completely. i have tested the solenoid and it is clicking and producing 48V when you press the pedal, i measured the voltage at the terminals on the solenoid and at the controller (common ground and the input positive to the controller). When the throttle is pressed i am only getting about 32V from the F1 and A1 lead to the motor. Also I changed the TPS thinking that it might be the issues because when I removed it it had no spring tension and the resistance was not changing when the potentiometer was turned. Is there anything else i can test to determine if it is the controller or anything else on these that might be keeping the controller from providing full voltage out? also should I test the motor and if so how can i do so safely? thanks for any help!!
cameross42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: How to troubleshoot Controller and motor?

Throttle sensor (actually a hall effect sensor) cannot be "ohm tested" for valid results. It has to be dynamically tested. I'm betting motor troubles. Remove, disassemble and inspect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha