lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default 2008 G22 - New Speed Issue after getting wet

Hey Guys,
Not a pro, but i feel like i have some general knowledge about my cart. I have a 2008 G29 (Mistype in title) YDRE. I have replaced the motor, controller and Solenoid on it about a year ago. Just a fun project all around. It is lifted and has oversized tires.

So with that said:

We have a sand island where i live and we take the cart out regularly. Every time i get home, i have to wash the sand off, and gently spray the underside to get the sand out. This day, we went, and the cart got extremely wet on the undercarriage due to me pulling my son on a wave board . So the cart was on the half sand/half water edge while doing so. I drove it back to the house with no issues, did the gentle wash, and then the next day i am having issues.

I cannot get it past a few MPH going forward. I took it to a hill purposely to see if it was a power issue or simply a top speed issue. Once on the hill, i could hear the solenoid click and the cart would jolt, then come back alive. It did this twice while going up the hill - having the same low speed i might add. So i believe it is a power issue. I also reversed up the same hill, the solenoid clicked out like it did going straight. :-\

I have to get my laptop from work to do 'on the road' troubleshooting while driving it.

I took it home and hooked up the XCT controller to my desktop (yes, i pulled my desktop out to the garage to do this). I put it on jacks and ran it; no errors on the Alltrax program. However; i did notice that the speed was still low, but the solenoid did not go out while on the jacks. I have made no adjustments to the programming in this past year.

I cleaned up all my battery terminals and checked all the wiring...nothing is leaking water and now i am at a loss.

It still goes great in reverse!

Anyone have some suggestions. I have a spare solenoid, but no other spares. Could it be the speed sensor? I truly believe this is related to the water, not bad batteries...It charges just fine.

Craeshe

Any suggestions.
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2008 G22 - New Speed Issue after getting wet

Here's a pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180921_114949.jpg (234.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Here is a screenshot of the Alltrax program while the cart is on jacks. Fully pressed petal. I noticed that the speed was always at 0! SO i unhooked the speed sensor and still the same. The cart does not bog down while on jacks, but i still cant make it up the hill mentioned above without the cart jolting...

Im losing power somewhere? I have checked all the connections, are all good. Cleaned all the battery posts, air blasted all the controller ports, replaced the solenoid with a known working one....still all the same.

With the speed not registering, im thinking something is off here....Did i fry the Alltrax? Its not blinking any error red lights, or yellow....

Any help!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alltrax on jacks.jpg (118.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Alright....I took the cart apart, took the batteries apart, unplugged and removed the solenoid and the controller. Cleaned all the connectors. Cleaned any sand out of crooks and crevasses with compressed air...

Hooked it all back up, and just to start fresh, reset the AllTrax controller completely with a stock field map that Alltrax sent me back in the day.

IT WORKED! Not sure what the issue was, but were back up to speed.

While i didn't get any responses, i hope that this might help someone in the future.

Thanks for looking!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #5
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for completing your own thread. Good job troubleshooting and resolving your issue. I would love to see the cart pulling a wake board. 🤟

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha