lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default G22 heavy duty Front springs?

Working on a G22 that has a big aluminum cab enclosure. The weight of this thing has worn out the front springs so the front wheels have too much negative camber. Looking around at various websites I see heavy duty Rear springs, which I will probably tell the owner to order at some point in the future, but no options for Front springs, which it really needs right now.
Does anybody know if Yamaha offers heavier front springs for any model that might fit the g22 struts? Or does anybody know of an aftermarket option?

The cart is gettting a 3” jakes lift and 20” wheels, so it kinda needs some extra help in the front, and I’d rather knock those out while it’s apart for the lift if I can. Thanks for any help or ideas!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 heavy duty Front springs?

Yamaha does not offer any HD front springs and I've never seen any aftermarket ones. Only recomondation would be to buy some "2 piece collars" like the ones Jakes uses on there rear HD spring kit. Compress the shock and add the collars to the bottom of the spring to stiffen it up. There have ben posts about doing this, Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: G22 heavy duty Front springs?

Thanks. I’ll have to look into those.
After getting into the front suspension more I’m not sure if the camber isssue is an issue. Or if it is, it’s maybe not because of the springs.

Put the lift on and it doesn’t look nearly as bad off as it did before. Maybe Jakes engineered some camber correction into their lift spindles? I’m not so familiar with Yamaha carts so just guessing on that.
Either way, the customer is gonna drive it around and see how she likes it and if she decides it needs stiffer springs we’ll figure something out. It seems to ride pretty well except for feeling a bit top heavy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BC14F358-0EF4-45C9-8F74-799A09C1DF43.jpg (79.1 KB, 0 views)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha