lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New Club Cart owener...some questions

ok, this is the update on the cart.

bought the tune up kit. Changed the air filter and both gas line filters and the fuel lines (blew them out with the air gun). Changed the spark plug. Still had the same slow running problem. Found the throttle cable was not connected at the carb. Connected that and it seemed to run a little better but still not enough to get the rpm up enough to move. So started looking around and found a wire hanging off of the bottom of the motor. The wire had a connector on it so I felt around on the bottom of the motor and and found where it went. After I plugged the wire in, I tried starting it again .....It ran excellent. Other than a little smoke every now and then (it had old gas in it so I think that could part of the problem). I rode it around the property and it pulled some pretty steep hills. It lost a little power but it runs good enough for what I need it for.

I cleaned the seats of all of the dirt that was on them. I went to Lowes to buy the wood to redoo the back fold down seat. After that, I plan on spraying it down with engine cleaner and power washing it. I might have a repaint in the future, but right now what I think it needs is a good cleaning. It has been sitting in a barn for a few years. I also have found some loose/missing bolts that I have already replaced.

I plan on replacing the oil in a couple of weeks. Oh by the way, the sticker on the fuse panel says to check the transmission level. I assume that must be a plug I have to pull? Becasue I could not find a dip stick.

Overall, the cart is in real good condition.
paidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car