lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Ggarris
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 carryall turf 2 lift and suspension questions

I just purchased a 2006 turf 2. It rides like a log wagon. I plan on lifting it, does anyone have a lot to lift the 2006 turf 2? Not enjoyable at all, I need to modify the suspension. Also, it starts and runs fine but is not charging the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ggarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2020, 08:05 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 carryall turf 2 lift and suspension questions

Thats big enough and heavy enough, the carryall usually rides pretty decent with stock suspension. I put a 6" lift and 25" tires on my turf 2 and it was stiffer than stock, but that carryall was slap wore out stock. Other carryalls ive had stock ride pretty nice.

Any lift will probably stiffen the suspension. Your only choice to improve ride would be a long travel kit (big $$$).

Id call David hicks at revolution golf cars. He can set you up with thr best kit to suit your needs.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Check your tire pressure. Too high and the ride will be stiff. Work machines usually have a stiffer ride than golf carts. Plush ride will work against you when hauling weight.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
mhunt
Not Yet Wild

I but the SGC lift on my 2005 carryall. It utilizes the stock springs in the back so it's the same ride, only spaced higher.

As for the generator not charging, I would check the wiring for corrosion as well as check the condition of the 4 brushes in the generator. The can be bought and installed relatively cheap and easy.
mhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
Ggarris
Not Yet Wild

The starter works fine, as long as you have a good battery it will start every time. It doesn’t have any voltage coming out. The generator is not working, any idea on which starter generator to purchase? If I do need to change it I might as well upgrade. I plan on putting a lightbar on it.

As far as a 6 inch lift kit, I tried to order from steeling but they are out of stock on the 2004.5 and up. I’m guessing my suspension on the turf 2 is the same as a Ds?
Ggarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Start the engine, use a jumper wire to ground the DF terminal of the starter generator to chassis or battery ground. Check voltage output at the White cable of the S/G. Rev the engine to high RPM and voltage should climb to over 15V. If voltage does not increase, starter gen is bad. If voltage Does increase, the voltage regulator is bad, or has a wiring issue. (Poor ground, bad 12v+ connection to Red wire on solenoid, or bad connection of yellow wire to S/G DF post)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car