lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: Proud new owner of a 05' G22 - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopndroptx View Post
Just bought my G22 Yammy yesterday. I have a friend with a G16, so Im already a little familiar with them.

But I have a few questions.

1. Is there a radio console for the tops on these? I have looked but havent found a picture of one with my top. It is a yamaha top, see pics.

2. Is there any muffler upgrades, without a lift. Im keeping this one stock height or lowered.

3. And what is the differences between the G16 and G22? They look identical to me except the front emblem.

Here are some pics of my new toy, before I start customizing it. I have to wait until after my wedding though.
if you wait till after the wedding you wont be able to do anything without permission.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
if you wait till after the wedding you wont be able to do anything without permission.
Yup, now's the time!!!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ya I'm happy I finally have one that runs!!! I have had a hurricane victim (elect. EZGO) for a while now, but decided to get the yammy instead of the stuff I needed for that one.
chopndroptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Ya I'm happy I finally have one that runs!!! I have had a hurricane victim (elect. EZGO) for a while now, but decided to get the yammy instead of the stuff I needed for that one.
I wouldn't even start to mess with the hurricane cart. To many horror stories about those things. You'd probably end up rebuilding the entire cart.

Good choice with the Yami!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I wouldn't even start to mess with the hurricane cart. To many horror stories about those things. You'd probably end up rebuilding the entire cart.

Good choice with the Yami!

I already stripped it down, repainted the frame, rebuild the battery rack, bought the newer body, regreased everything. It will be lifted probably with the AC setup. All the electronics where bad, but otherwise in decent condition. I think it was mostly rain water, not salt, maybe a little.

I have to waiting until after the wedding for money reasons. Paying for the wedding first! Not to bad since it's a destionation wedding.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I already stripped it down, repainted the frame, rebuild the battery rack, bought the newer body, regreased everything. It will be lifted probably with the AC setup. All the electronics where bad, but otherwise in decent condition. I think it was mostly rain water, not salt, maybe a little.

I have to waiting until after the wedding for money reasons. Paying for the wedding first! Not to bad since it's a destionation wedding.
Just convince your soon to be wife that you should use the cart in the wedding.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lol I probably would if we weren't flying to Mexico. See enjoys the carts too, and she's kind of use to me doing stuff like this since I have been in the minitruckin scene for 16 years.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I just saw that. Pretty cool. I used to have an 87 Nissan PU. Bought it brand new, base truck. I lowered it, ground effects, convertible top, rear spoiler, put in some bucket seats from a Honda accord, etc.... We had a club called Cruzin Violations. That was years ago but I had a blast with all those crazy lowrider friends of mine.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
cart de golf
Gone Wild

I also love my G22

but I wouldent install another overhead console unless you drive on very nice paved roads

that roof is soft & moves back & fort make a racket I am looking at installing my radio somewhere else next year

Plowmans as a nice muffler for those they also have a little ping sound to them a little bite louder
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart de golf View Post
I also love my G22

but I wouldent install another overhead console unless you drive on very nice paved roads

that roof is soft & moves back & fort make a racket I am looking at installing my radio somewhere else next year

Plowmans as a nice muffler for those they also have a little ping sound to them a little bite louder

Where can you find the Plowmans? I googled with no luck.

Im planning on actually fiberglassing in the console if I can find one. And add two speaker pods to the back. But I might hold off and get a longer roof first. Would like to find one though for a little while.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha