lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Not running right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelilly View Post
Cmon guys I really need your expertise. How do you check the coil to see if its weak or not. I know you check the resistance not sure of the steps. Don't mean to be a pain just need your help.

Thanks again Earl
Earl, I use a "dynamic" spark tester on all Yamaha's from 1979 to 1995. You can see the spark while running it neutral. About 8 bucks at the autopart's store, If no or weak spark can explain more. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #12
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have one of the testers from harbor freight looks kind of like a test light the light is not very bright, actually kind of yellow, but haven't used it on any thing else, so I dont know if that is normal or not. Is that the same thing or not? I appreciate the help thanks.
yelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I put a coil on and it took care of the miss. Now the cart runs smooth, but does not have much power. Like I said before the carb is new, I tried to adjust the carb but the air mixture screw doesn't seem to have any effect on it. As far as I can tell that is the only adjustment on it, except for the throttle shut off. If any one has any ideas please let me know.
Thanks Earl
Old 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #14
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Should the adjustment screw on the carb ( not throttle stop screw) change the way it runs?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha