lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
iaa
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 Smoke'n engine

Hello all,
New to the forum and working on my first golf cart.
I am working on a 1992 Club Car and the thing burns oil like a mad man. It is mostly smoking when I let off of the gas, but it does smoke a little when going down the trail. The smoke when I let off reminds me of an old Chevy I used to drive. Could the smoke be coming from bad valve guides (like the old Chevy) or is it most likely coming from a ring gone bad? I was convinced it is ring gone bad until I noticed the smoke coming out when I let off the gas. Do the FE290 engines have valve guides? I am going to dive into an engine information search. Thanks for any advice.
iaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Smoke'n engine

Yes they do!

92-03 OHV FE290 & FE350 DS & Precedents

Valve guide OEM #1016518
Valve stem seal OEM #1016566

If your going to go that far, might as well do it all!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
gofastr1
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1992 Smoke'n engine

check for oil leaks first. mine has a rubber plug under the s/g that oil was just pouring out of. and when you let off the gas the oil is obviously not moving as much could be that. would be easier than rebuilding the head. just a suggestion to try. fixed my smokin cart.
gofastr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car