lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
jpoteet
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Offroad with Stock G16A?

Hi all......

So I just traded a couple of older seadoos for a 1997 G16A that has been lifted with custom paint, rims, and a system. That being said the motor is still pure stock and it may or may not have the clutch torque spring installed. As of right now the thing really has no bottom end and will get up to about 20 mph on paved flat ground....and about 13 mph on paved small hills. One thing I have noticed is that there really is no range on the throttle as once the pedal starts making it go....it is at WOT no matter how far down to the floor I push it. Have not had a chance to take it offroad yet but I have a felling that it will not do too well with the stock setup as is. Is it worth investing in all of the stock mods like Plowman's Hot Setup for offroad usage? Or do I really need to pickup an aftermarket motor to get good torque results from this thing? I do not want to have to get worried about getting stuck in ruts and on hills when out at the OHV Parks. Any advice is appreciated!
jpoteet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Offroad with Stock G16A?

here is the real question you need to ask... Do you wanna step up a level and be happy and will you be happy with stock stuff modded? Or... would you rather cough up even more cash and do in the end what you really want to do anyway... For what you thinking i would upgrade completely but that's just my Nickel of advice....
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The Plowmans hot set up kit will increase your performance alot. You might want to check compression first. You can also take most of the slack out of the throttle cables and that will help also.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am, and will always be, anal about old clutches. I agree whole heartedly with the above, but you must also consider that your clutches are 13 years old. An engine compression test is #1, then start looking for cable adjustments and possibly a new drive belt. Welcome to the club!!!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha