lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: 42v PDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
FWIW Delta QuiQ 48v charger can be programmed for charging 42v. Hopefully when we get home from our RV trip Tuesday the brown truck will have brought me one for my 42v upgrade (-:

Jim
That's is correct, I wonder who told you that?, but Jim, the idea here as I interpreted from Tony, is to simply fit an extra battery on a Sepex controller increasing 36v's specifically designed controller, without going the long path of $$ upgrades.
If the only gain is a little more range (around 15% more), from my point of view it is not worth, much better is just to fit a higher performance speed controller able to work WITHOUT speed sensor that will make you gain speed, torque, range (if you don't get too excited with pedal )
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks a lot Gaston. I had almost given up on that. The problem will be charging to a full 42V. I can take 1 out of series and charge seperately if I do this mod.
The only bonus will be extended range. That means I will be able to run this around all day! (theoreticly) COOL. That will be great for long tournament days. Gacias hermano!
Thanks for the info on the charger also. The delta QuiQ 48v is the one to have, from what I read.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
gaston
Gone Wild

You welcome!
But if what you need is more range, why not T-145's? Those will give you 20% range without the need of a new charger...
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To really get what I want, I would need the controller and 48 volts. Then I could do wheelies and go fast With what I gather of the stock controller, it will only allow a certain amount of power to the motor regardless of incoming voltage. 42v would give only give 36 to the motor. Too much, the controller will go...
With knowing that, I would only add a battery for a long one day event and then return it to 36v and charge the spare battery seperately. We don't have many of those events...Looks like all I can do now is cables and chip
Actually I'm very impressed with the carts performance with the chip alone. I'm used to 14 mph electric GOLF carts
Thanks again. Tony
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO