lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
FLGator4life
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1985 Club Car - Choke/Carb Problems

Not to hijack but.......................

I just acquired for free a 93 DS that has been sitting for at least 5 years. Parked because it would not run. With the wealth of info here I determined it had microswitch problems and have since remedied.

I cleaned the carb with just some aeresol carb cleaner but am in the same place as you now..........runs great if you restrict the air flow a little, runs decent otherwise. I checked for intake leaks around the intake with propane but none appeared. I am now headed out to pick up a gallon of the carb cleaner so as to let it soak and see if that takes care of it. I have had this issue before where the only to get the carb(was a carb off of an ATV) completely clear of obstructions was to soak in the carb bath overnight.

Again, sorry for the hijack, .........at least my 1st post wasn't how do I make my club car faster.
FLGator4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You're headed in the right direction Flgator, Welcome to BGW!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #23
bopper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My 85 CC service manual says compression is 100psi. Under 80psi needs rebuilt.
bopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #24
dwg5896
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Yeah. I'm not super concerned over compression at this point. I just can't figure out the air restriction issue. Also I have about a 3 second delay when i put the gas pedal to the floor before it will begin to start. Starts everytime and runs great. Any ideas on the delay? I'll post pics of the carb and intake tonight.

Thanks
Dave
dwg5896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #25
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwg5896 View Post
Awesome. Yeah. I'm not super concerned over compression at this point. I just can't figure out the air restriction issue. Also I have about a 3 second delay when i put the gas pedal to the floor before it will begin to start. Starts everytime and runs great. Any ideas on the delay? I'll post pics of the carb and intake tonight.

Thanks
Dave
Bump to the top, as I have a delayed start as well.
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #26
dwg5896
Not Yet Wild

Here are pictures. Notice the blue shop rag. That is the only way I can get it to run smoothly. it is just single layered in the opening to allow air to flow through the rag.

thanks for help.

DWG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02515.jpg (40.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02516.jpg (52.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02517.jpg (59.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #27
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Here are pictures. Notice the blue shop rag. That is the only way I can get it to run smoothly. it is just single layered in the opening to allow air to flow through the rag.

thanks for help.

DWG

Dayum dwg.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #28
dwg5896
Not Yet Wild

Good or Bad? like I said runs like a champ. take the rag out of the air flow and won't run for nothing. just cuts in and out. got to be sucking air from somewhere.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #29
FLGator4life
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Good or Bad? like I said runs like a champ. take the rag out of the air flow and won't run for nothing. just cuts in and out. got to be sucking air from somewhere.

Either an intake leak and sucking air or a dirty carb and restricted fuel. I'd guess the latter if I had to.

You do have an air filter in it right? On mine w/o a filter in it to restrict the airflow slightly it runs poorly.

I'd still bet the carb is still gummed up. Have you soaked it yet in carb cleaner?
FLGator4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #30
dwg5896
Not Yet Wild

Yes there is a brand new filter in it. I have not soaked the carb. but the carb to the eye looks clean as a whistle. would there be any physical evidence of "gumming" or varnish? I will start there since it seems to be the most common recommendation at this point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car