lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Fuse Box Installation

I'm thinking of installing a fuse panel with 6 outlets in the glove box of my '02 CC gasser...this is what I was thinking:
Mount the actual box to the back wall of the glove box, then run the POS wire to the POS battery terminal. Then run a NEG wire to the NEG side of the battery terminal. Is this the acceptable way to do this? Will the batt still charge from the generator? I'm only thinking of using the power for headlights and a radio, the other 4 fuses will be for the future. Any advice would certainly be appreciated!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuse Box Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm thinking of installing a fuse panel with 6 outlets in the glove box of my '02 CC gasser...this is what I was thinking:
Mount the actual box to the back wall of the glove box, then run the POS wire to the POS battery terminal. Then run a NEG wire to the NEG side of the battery terminal. Is this the acceptable way to do this? Will the batt still charge from the generator? I'm only thinking of using the power for headlights and a radio, the other 4 fuses will be for the future. Any advice would certainly be appreciated!
Doc
You can simply run a positive connection to your your fuse block and loop across the terminals to provide power to each output Doc. It depends on whether you require permanent power to each output via the ignition switch. IE, I prefer the radio to be turned off through the ignition and would therefore run its POS input via the switch as opposed to a direct feed. The generator should keep up with modest loads, I run front and rear lights, GPS, a radio,and a phone charger (through a cigarette lighter)and have had no problems within the the last two years albeit under modest use.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car