lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Help (again) with 1999 series cart

I recently posted about my friends 1999 e-z-go series farm cart having issues. I replaced the f-n-r switch and solenoid and got it back up and running. My friend drove it from the field back to the shed and it seemed to work fine. We had also ordered 4ga cables and replaced them when we got back to the shed. Now when you step on the go pedal (from a stop, seems to be ok when pressed when rolling) the cart engages like a dragster. the front wheels almost lift off the ground. It is so harsh it feels like something is about to break. We won't use it until we figure out the problem. Any suggestions? We replaced the cables one at a time. The old ones (6ga at best) looked pretty bad with several bad terminals. New e-z-go parts are solenoid, cables and direction switch. The cart is a 1999 with a small lift, 21" tires and utility bed. The batteries are about 2 years old and in good shape. The alltrax controler has printed on the case "non-programable series motor controller, alltrax npx 4834ez, nivel p/n 453, for stock cars only"

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help (again) with 1999 series cart

anyone???
Old 10-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this a new controller? The problem sounds similar to a bad ITS? But before you buy one, check to see if the pedal microswitch is still operating properly AND ALSO check the control harness 4 pin connector (it is close to the controller). The connector is white and square. I've seen many of these go bad and / or have a short somewhere in the connection. Many times we have had to remove the connector and direct splice the wires...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

the cart was set up like this when my friend purchased it some time ago. Not a new controller but one that was installed by the previous owner and working fine. The only change from when the switch and solenoid were replaced in the field (when it seemed to work properly) to now is the fact that is was washed/cleaned up under the seat and the cables were upgraded to 4ga.

If you can tell me where the switch is I will check it. I assume I can disconnect it and jump the wires and check operation to eliminate the micro switch as a suspect?

Thanks for your help. I plan to order a new controller for my pds cart but you will know when I do. I plan to buy it from you.

this thing engages like it wants to break a ring gear. Thanks again for your time and effort.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
the cart was set up like this when my friend purchased it some time ago. Not a new controller but one that was installed by the previous owner and working fine. The only change from when the switch and solenoid were replaced in the field (when it seemed to work properly) to now is the fact that is was washed/cleaned up under the seat and the cables were upgraded to 4ga.

If you can tell me where the switch is I will check it. I assume I can disconnect it and jump the wires and check operation to eliminate the micro switch as a suspect?

Thanks for your help. I plan to order a new controller for my pds cart but you will know when I do. I plan to buy it from you.

this thing engages like it wants to break a ring gear. Thanks again for your time and effort.

I think this is the key I think the ITS box under the floor is wet. Lift the mat on the driver's side and remove 4 screws to pry open the its box.... If you find water present this could be your problem... Use leaf blower and a hair dryer to Completely Dry it out and re test. Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

thanks, I am headed to the farm shortly and will check it. The problem is compounded by the fact I sold my utility trailer and can't get my cart there.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks again for the responses. Sorry I left out the part @ cleaning it. I was not present at that time. This cart has 2 owners and 3 users. My buddies bought it together. I just spoke to one of them and he was very proud of the job he did scrubbing the floor. I will check for water shortly and hope to have new info tonight.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Throttle box was pretty much dry. It had been wet before though.

micro switch seemed to work. when disconnected the pedal does not respond. wires jumped together, turn key, cart goes to wide open. we jacked up the rear to avoid drive breakage this time. Removed ITS sensor, housing coating cracked with a little rust around the crack. It looked guilty. The guy my buddy got the cart from told us how to check the controller for issues by checking the green light for flashes. It flashed 4 short times paused and went to solid. He thought that was OK. Same guy has a ITS sensor we can try. If it works he will sell it for $120. If not, he will take it back. Sounds like a fair deal to me. I checked online as well. That is an expensive part.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the housing is cracked on the ITS - I would put 99% money on that being the problem...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

the spare its the guy had did not help but the housing/coating on it was cracked too. So far-
depress pedal- starts wide open and launches
disconnect the micro switch, depress pedal- no throttle response
jump micro switch leads- starts wide open and launches
disconnect ITS sensor wire, depress pedal- starts wide open and launches

I checked for continuity an all wires from throttle to controller- good
checked the small square connector for continuity on all wires- good

the guy my buddy got the ITS sensor from thinks he has another. if not we will have to order a new one and roll the dice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO