lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
rackinup
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermediate shift

Hello. I need help with the intermediate shaft on my 05 lifted pds. I have a clicking noise coming from the steering and I think it is the intermediate shaft. Any advice on how to repair this part? Replace?
any help would be appreciated. This is agreat site. Thanks in advice for the help.
rackinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermediate shift

Unfortunately, there are no repair parts for the intermediate shaft. It is sold as a unit. There are a couple of small u-joints that are pressed fit. I have never seen one break. What happens to mine are the u-joint will lock and it has a hard spot when turning. It doesn't click. They are not hard to remove and inspect. Remove the bolts all the way. The shafts are grooved for the bolts, to keep it from sliding off. A missing shock bushing will rattle.
If that is good, wheel/hub bearings, steering gear or ball joints....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
rackinup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks man I appreciate the help. The steering is jsut a little loose. When I move the steering wheel slightly I can hear the noise. Also when I hit a bump i hear it. I squeezed my hand around the rubber boot on the intermediate shaft and it seems to quiten the noise. How do i check the steering rack/gear? Sorry so long just trying to figure this out.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since your cart is lifted the shaft may be hanging in the last splines before falling out. It may be necessary to lengthen i an inch or so. Then it would be back inside further and would make less noise.. To check the steering gear, you remove the tierod on the end turn it back and forth listening for noise. If it clunks or drags it would need repair. You cn lift the front wheels and roll the wheels to check the hub/axle bearings. Be sure the shock rubber mounts are in place. They wear and fall off making a terrible rattling noise.
That intermediate shaft may be extended beyond its design. It would click and wobble.
When you find the problem, let me know what it is. I could help you lengthen the shaft if needed.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you intermediate shaft is bad LMK. I may have the good other half and we can make a good one with two bad ones. I've done that also. That shaft is $100!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
rackinup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Tonyton for the great information. I will check tomorrow or Monday and let you know. I live close to Gadsden. What part of Alabama are you located?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
rackinup
Not Yet Wild

Hey Tonyton i sent you a PM
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO