lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Even More confused???

Ok, I got a hydrometer and checked the batteries and they are bad. So i took the batteries out of our other cart, which tested good and the stock cart went 11mph, and put them in my cart. My cart now goes about 9.5mph!! WTH??
What else could be keeping the cart this slow? When I switched the batteries i noticed a definate increase in torque. The cart went straight up the levee with no problem, but the speed is still under 10mph.
I went over the wiring agian and everthing looks "mostly correct", thats for you K9Kev. But seriously what else could it be. Thanks for the input!
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Next Step??

Just a guess here but;

Have you had the controller on anything else?

Is it new or a refurb?

If your batts were good in the other cart and, your contoller is the only other 'new part', I would speculate that something is rotten in the state of Alltrax

If it's new, I wonder what the settings are at?

If you have not explored these, you may want to. As for ay technical help there, I would recommend calling the retailer you got it from or, Alltrax themselves.

Just my .02

Good luck,
Kev
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW Alltrax controllers are factory shipped with power set at 100%. I called them a week ago and asked that question.

I am a old friend of the founder of Alltrax Damon Crockett. He was telling me they have now shipped over 120,000 controllers.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

K0??? You have some batteries that are almost 10 years old? These should have been your first purchase!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
K0??? You have some batteries that are almost 10 years old? These should have been your first purchase!
I switched the batteries with newer ones that were in another stock cart i have and it is still at the same slow speed. The batteries ran the stock cart fine. the other cart did 11mph with the batts and i put them in mine and it did 9.5mph. My cart only has a altrax 400 controller and a 3" lift kit with the stock tires and wheels.
As for altrax I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help. When I ordered the controller from one of the vendors here he said altrax was programing the controller for my cart. Could it be that i told him i have a lift on my cart and they set it up for a cart with big tires and mine doesnt have the big tires yet??
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Might look at the ITS and make sure everything is in good order.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO