lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
HawkMan42
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Voltage Converter ?

Sorry .had this originally posted to the wrong place so I'll try again.

Have a 36V Ez Go PDS. I have gotten numerous responses to the same question so I'm very confused and don't know who's telling me the truth.

I plan on installing Stereo/Amp soon. Currently, the only electronics I have are front/back lights.

I plan on installing several other things somewhere down the line ..including:
  • Battery charge meter
  • Cig Light adapter for "other stuff"
  • Horn

Questions
1. Do I need a voltage reducer ? ..some say yes..others say no
2. If not..do I just hook stereo/amp to (2) 6V batteries directly ? ..if so.positives / negatives to this installation
3. Understand that a Voltage converter will allow me to draw juice from all 6 batteries and then convert to 12V so I don't drain 2 batteries ? True/false? is this correct?
4. Had someone suggest I get a xtra 12V battery and hook electronics to that..but don't know if I want the hassel of charging that battery seperately from everthing else ? trying to save as much $$ as possible.

HawkMan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage Converter ?

YES,AVOLTAGE CONVERTER IS BETTER AND YOU ALSO SHOULD HAVE A FUSE PANEL,I HAVE FRONT AND BACK LIGHTS,SIGNALS,STOP,4-WAYS,LIGHTER.HORN,VOLTAGE METER,AND A INTERIOR LIGHT THAT I BOUGHT AT WALLY WORLD THAT WORKS ON BATTERIES.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Voltage Converter ?

I've had lights, horn, brake lights and signals on mine for 10 years connected to 2 6v batteries in the pack without any issues whatsoever. All of EZGO's carts with light kits are equipped this way with out a converter or voltage reducer. The additional use of a radio is no problem but when you start to add power hungry amplifiers, you may want to have an additional battery just for accessories.
IMO, I would deep six the amplifier and hook the lights to your batteries and be done with it. Zero cost.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO