lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #21
Longie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whiplash Machine

It's an '87 and there is no cover. I'll jack it up this weekend and........"see what I can see". Thanx.
Longie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let us know what you find. It is a simple mechanical speed selector ... You get 1/2 of it whipped so far ...... let us know what you find!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #23
Longie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, I jacked it up and pressed the pedal. The wheels start to spin when the wiper arm hits the first contact - in both forward and reverse. So, I guess it is what it is, and I'll have to live with what I've got.

Now, if I could just get that left brake drum off...........of course, I've only been working on it for a year now. But the good news is, I now have it moving about 1/32". Hey, maybe in another year, I'll be up to 1/2"!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hm, well then maybe it is not cabled correctly..... Are you sure the first speed lug is connected to the first speed coil? There is some hard start associated with the old coil system. You have to understand that full power is drawn all the time no matter what speed you select ... the speed is regulated by how many amps the coils waste before delivering the juice to the motor. On some of these old carts you just need to apply a little brake as you begin to start the gas .... to smooth things out... I hope this helps.....
Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #25
Longie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Hm, well then maybe it is not cabled correctly..... Are you sure the first speed lug is connected to the first speed coil? There is some hard start associated with the old coil system. You have to understand that full power is drawn all the time no matter what speed you select ... the speed is regulated by how many amps the coils waste before delivering the juice to the motor. On some of these old carts you just need to apply a little brake as you begin to start the gas .... to smooth things out... I hope this helps.....
Yes, I checked if it was cabled correctly.

I was applying some brake before, especially when putting the boat in at the ramp. As I said yesterday, it has improved with the new coil assembly. I guess I was just hoping for more improvement, but I'll get by.

Thanx again.........this is an old cart, so I'm sure I'll be back sometime.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longie View Post
Yes, I checked if it was cabled correctly.

I was applying some brake before, especially when putting the boat in at the ramp. As I said yesterday, it has improved with the new coil assembly. I guess I was just hoping for more improvement, but I'll get by.

Thanx again.........this is an old cart, so I'm sure I'll be back sometime.
Okay, You will find us here
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO