lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Batteries in new 48v carts

On a RV Forum I frequent someone is saying that there are 12v "golf cart" batteries and the newer 48v carts use four 12v "golf cart" batteries. Is there any truth to this?

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Batteries in new 48v carts

Yes, there are 12 GC batteries. CC and Yamaha have used them recently. I believe CC has gone back to 8v units because of poor range on the 12's.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I was looking at the new Ezgo RXV's at Pebble Beach a few weeks ago and they all had 4x12v batteries in them.
Trojan has 12v GC batteries: http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/T-127512V.aspx
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alot of vechicles are using the 12 volt Trojans. The RXV may be getting better "mileage" since it is an AC drive system. When we check them with the OEM programmers, they can average 72 hole on a charge...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
chiboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have had both set-ups; 36v (6-6v) and 48v (4- 12v). The 4-12v had more power but much shorter battery life 3 year vs 5-6 years on the 6v. Trojan tech service acknowledged battery life for 12v will be shorter.

If you're going to 48v system, I would suggest the 6 - 8v set-up. Club Car had to replace many 12v batteries that would hold-up for the 48 month warranty period, including my 2007 Precedent.
chiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
sunking
Gone Wild

There is no real standard per sey. Golf carts use BCI GC spec which can be 6, 8 or 12 volts.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

You also have to keep in mind that a golf course uses the cars more and harder than you average person that buys one for recreational purpose.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

True enough but the comparative life span is still relevant. House batteries in RV's get used and abused also. GC batteries are kind of the standard for those that are a bit knowledgeable about such things but there are some that just don't believe (-: A pair of GC 6v's in series will outlive most any 12v battery but there are a few that are saying that because GC's now use 12v batteries that they should be fine as well. I am trying to show them that may well not be the case. Thanks for the info.

Jim

Golf cart, motorhome, VW diesel powered Samurai, ironhead Sportster and Quicksilver ultralight tinkerer.
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I ran 3 of the CC T1275 batts for a while in my 36vt cart and was extremely happy. Put 2X8s in the places where the 6s would have gone and put the 12s on top. Lost a little range but the cart was 120lbs lighter and quicker. Also was buying the batts for $25 a piece at 2yrs old. Helps being in CCs back yard;)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO