lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
GUNNY
Getting Wild

Default Re: Adding lift kit/tires on a slow cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansser View Post
emp offers a two speed motor. switchable with a second FnR switch. this gives you torque for a strong takeoff and allows you to switch while moving to the high speed windings of the motor.

And away we go!!
Hmmmmmmm thanks for the info

Gunny
GUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
dcass
Not Yet Wild

Hi everyone, Thanks for all of the quick replies. I guess the first things I will do is check and replace all of the batteries @#$%^

Here I thought I was getting a sweet deal for $950 Canadian. Not realizing I would have to spend another Grand on batteries.

Oh well what are you gunna do,eh !!

Anyone know a cheap place to pick up batteries in Ontario ?
dcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if they are trojan batteries look at the negative battery terminal and see how old they are. it should have a letter and than a number. the letter is mth and number is year.

If not trojans, i have seen them stamped in the case on the lip and than i have seen them put stickers on them.

Also think that that car is almost 20 years old so the motor may need cleaning up with new brushes or a rebuild. Befroe i woudl dig into teh motor i would inspect all thos cables, i bet you will find some of them original and they are well past their prime. Get a 4 ga kit and start replacing all of them.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #14
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey dcass,
What do you want to do with the cart ? Before dropping any loonies, assess you needs and wants. Your cart is older and you may want to sell it now and get anther if what you want to do with it does not match what you got and the cost to upgrade this cart. Cleaning the batteries and upgrading the cables will make a big difference. If you don't have hills or you don't mind going up the hills slowwww, than a 5 inch list and 22 inch tires will work and look great. I have that setup on my 1988 cart. Assess you needs, and do the cheap stuff first. and check you brakes. If you put big wheels on, it is a lot harder to stop coming down a hill :-)
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO