lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
John5
Not Yet Wild

Default Rebuilding an engine?

Can you rebuild a fe350? I think I may have engine problems? Also how do you know if your drive belt needs replaced? I seem to feel some jerking when trying to take-off or slowing down.
John5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuilding an engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John5 View Post
Can you rebuild a fe350? I think I may have engine problems? Also how do you know if your drive belt needs replaced? I seem to feel some jerking when trying to take-off or slowing down.
Why do you think you may have engine problems John, have you checked your compression readings ? That should be your first point of reference as to the overall condition of your motor. Do that and report back before considering an overhaul of your engine. Regarding your "Jerking" issue, ( I have restrained myself on this point ) Get your rear end off the ground and run the cart through it's paces to see if the clutches are operating smoothly through the speed range. Hope that helps,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thinking you have a clutch issue!
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
John5
Not Yet Wild

The shop told me it had something wrong. I can't remember now. I havn't driven it since I got it back due to a flat tire and wet/cold weather. I had it out this weekend to do some spring cleaning in the garage. It seemed to be spitting what looked like it may have been oil. I started it and let it warmup before moving it. When I did move it there was a black spot on the ground. I watched it for a while off and on all day. It spit all day long. When I drove it it seemed sluggish. I did notice that the idle was was fast compared to what it was before it went in. They said they cleaned the carb and did a full service. I adjusted the idle screw back to where it wasn't even touching. The engine still was fast. Something is weird. I will try to put the rear end on jack stands this weekend to look at the clutch function. My cart is a key start not a pedal start. The typical jerking on pedal starts have not been an issue for me. The shop is who told me I would need to put a new engine in. It runs but dosn't have the power it used to have.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
John5
Not Yet Wild

Oh I forgot to mention the shop did due a compression test and said it matched spec. I plan on getting a manual and tools needed to check it myself. I just need to find a Husqvarna service manual.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Well the answer to ? #1 is Yes you can definately rebuild the FE350
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
John5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Gleemo. The shop indicated it couldn't be rebuilt, I would have to put a short block in at $1000 parts.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

People making a living doing it
http://www.lvssales.com/rebuilt_engi...bcar_11hp.html

Here is another with prices http://www.jandmgolfcarts.com/engineprice.htm
Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
John5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link Gleemo!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car