lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #11
nuke doctor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Newbie - Should I buy 36V or 48V cart?

Oh yes.... Jim's cart goes fast but the Walnut Creek 5oo is an on road - off road event. When the time comes to cross the mighty Vermillion.... That is when the NUKE DOCTOR walks away with the win. I have yet to display the alternate power source of spent fuel I have in store awaiting the 500....
nuke doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
NateDogg1955
Not Yet Wild

Strap on the pontoons Dr. The mighty Vermillion is a swellin from the rain. Sounds like 36V is not an issue. Lots of others out there have 'em and no complaints. Might need to take a trip east toward a familiar PWR and check out the inventory. Until then, have a safe and productive weekend.
NateDogg1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
Get the EZGO & when its time for new batteries then upgrade to 48v.
Ross
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
nuke doctor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I see there has been 2 wasted days and 2 sleepless nights NateDogg...... Your have been perched on that fence to long...... It is now time to fly... My ancient Chinese Grandfather always say. " WHAT GOOD IS MONEY IF GRASSHOPER NO SPENDIE"
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
nuke doctor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I see there has been 2 wasted days and 2 sleepless nights NateDogg...... Your have been perched on that fence to long...... It is now time to fly... My ancient Chinese Grandfather always say. " WHAT GOOD IS MONEY IF GRASSHOPER NO SPENDIE"
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #16
BostonBob
Not Yet Wild

NateDogg,

All things considered - I might go for the 48V Precedent. You will never regret buying a 48V while you may wish for one if you go 36V. Kind of like in boats. You will never regret the 5.7 V8 over a 4 or 6 cyl. Trust me!

I have owned both. Club Car has a few bonuses over EZGO. CC has aluminum frame that will never rust like EZGO. CC has MUCH better brakes from what I hear. Plus the 48V is obviously desirable or so many people would not switch.

I think those Precedent carts are sharp. The choice is up to you - but you may be better off spending the $1k now than trying to match that performance later.

As I said - my first cart was 48V CC. It had plenty of power, speed and range. The brakes were FANTASTIC. I switched to an EZGO cuz it was lifted and setup the way I wanted. Plus I think it looks WAY better than my CC. Unfortunately I notice a big difference with the 36V and the brakes are HORRIBLE. Next year I may upgrade the controller.

Either way - enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

Bob
BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #17
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob,
Take a look at these brakes.

www.wheelsca.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
NateDogg,

All things considered - I might go for the 48V Precedent. You will never regret buying a 48V while you may wish for one if you go 36V. Kind of like in boats. You will never regret the 5.7 V8 over a 4 or 6 cyl. Trust me!

I have owned both. Club Car has a few bonuses over EZGO. CC has aluminum frame that will never rust like EZGO. CC has MUCH better brakes from what I hear. Plus the 48V is obviously desirable or so many people would not switch.

I think those Precedent carts are sharp. The choice is up to you - but you may be better off spending the $1k now than trying to match that performance later.

As I said - my first cart was 48V CC. It had plenty of power, speed and range. The brakes were FANTASTIC. I switched to an EZGO cuz it was lifted and setup the way I wanted. Plus I think it looks WAY better than my CC. Unfortunately I notice a big difference with the 36V and the brakes are HORRIBLE. Next year I may upgrade the controller.

Either way - enjoy the ride and keep us posted.

Bob
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
huntinghawk
Gone Wild

Many many people find 36v fine for them. Can do alot with that EZGO with the $1,000 difference in price. And wouldn't take $1,000 to convert it to 48v if done when it needs new batteries. And that is only is you aren't happy with the 36v.

Ross
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #19
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My experience is that you get what you pay for. If you look at the number of postings in each cart forum, EZ-GO has the most. This means that people are doing the most with them, kinda like the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Jap vs world. The nice thing about a EZGO is that there are tons of suppliers and parts are resonable, not a lot of changes that will mess you up between model years either. But like everything, there is bad with the good. Frames are not as heavy duty (IMO) as Club Car or Yamaha, and lots of suppliers sell really low quality stuff to keep the EZ-GO accessory list long. Shop for the best deal and then get a friend who knows carts take a look before you drop the cash.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO