lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Is my charger working?

I had a set of batteries that I though were going bad because they did not last very long. When I charged them the cycle would be over in about 2-3 hours. So I went out and bought new batteries. I fully charged them before riding. I used what I though to be 25% then charged them again. It took about 2 hours to charge. Does that sound right? Could my charger be bad. Does a charger either wok or not work at all. The charger is a Power Wise for an EZ GO 36 volt. Thanks
cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is my charger working?

Can you give us voltage readings before charging and after the charger shuts off?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you give us voltage readings before charging and after the charger shuts off?

I am going off of memory (whats left of it) I think it read 38.89 after first full charge. I charged it again when it read about 37.12 what I thought to be 75%.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got home and I am getting a reading of 38.2 after a full charge which only lasted about two hours.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

38.4 volts is 100% capacity. So I guess the charger should shut off? Try driving it for a half hour/ or an hour and see if it doesn't take longer to charge? Also See how much the voltage drops due to a little drive time ....?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I finally got a chance to ride it after a full charge. I started at 38.2 volts after charge. I drove for about 15 minutes at full throttle. Most of the terrain was level. I did a voltage check and am at 37.4 volts. Does this sound about right? It just does not feel like it has much power or torque.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO