lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 97 36V go no go...

To bring us up to date- I trailered the 05 Gas Ezgo to the house on Table Rock Lake. The 97 elect was not moving again.. Just the click click.. My plan has been to get it back to Omaha ( ie: on trailer) and get it running reliably & sel it. Well I pushed the 97 out of the garage to the trailer, the quickly figured out I was in trouble..Hoow to get it up the ramps & on the trailer. S I sat in the cart- shifted rwd/rev over& over again while tapping the accellerator.. Nothing.. So I sat there, foot tapping the accellerator oh about 50 times then the cart jumped forward ! I drove it around the yard & up the ramps onto the trailer. Would these turn of events assist in a "most likely senereo" of whats wrong with this 36V cart.
Thanks... Billfo
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: 97 36V go no go...

It could be that your F&R switch isnt lining up correctley. I replaced mine to a heavy duty one and I still havent been able to get it lined back up correctly. I know where to put it but if someone jumps on my cart and trys to go 90% of the time they cant find forward or reverse.

edit- and also I can hear it click and it wont go untill I find the "sweet spot". It is really sensitive.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you replace the entire switch or just the "contact plate".. I am a bit confused why it does not align up.. I see them on ebay.. not sure if I should try replacing it. I printed out the repair manual. Perhaps I can test the switch... btw, mine is very hard to shift fwd & rev. I loosened the inside & outside nuts.. NO difference.. You really have to bear down on the switch.
Why wonnt this cart just go away... LOL !!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

lol sounds like you dont like the cart

It shouldnt be that tight. It should be easy to move.

Did you loosend the actual swictch or the lever?
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Chevy it sounds like the stop lever on your cam is not hitting the stops on the base plate? Can you verify that? Or send me a pic of the cam position when the cart won't go? You shouldn't be having that problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well- no.. I personally dont like this cart anymore..I like my gas 05 much better.. I just want to get this 97 36V running reliably & sell it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacing75 View Post
lol sounds like you dont like the cart

It shouldnt be that tight. It should be easy to move.

Did you loosend the actual swictch or the lever?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 36V go no go... (SOLD SOLD SOLD)

I have been unable to get the cart to "not run". Not sure if it was a connection I tightened, or if it will "click click" another day.. Never the less, I put it on Craigslist & sold it locally to a maint man who is pretty familiar with electric carts. I told him exactly what the cart had been doing. I gave him a printed manual. High or low, we were both satisfied with the sales price of $1100.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO