lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default pb-6 Mounting Question

I am trying to fit,rig,mcquyver, a pb-6 into the pot box of a 97 txt. With the accel. rod in the middle it will not fit unless I do some cutting of the metal case. I have destroyed one cheap India pb-6, by cutting it to pieces trying to allign everything up. I have been using the pentiometer out of it, and exploring all options. I am thinking of rigging up a accelerator cable to the box via a small pulley system. I have noticed that it is almost impossible to perfectly allign the rod with the throw rod mounted on the pent., without putting the pent. in any sort of bind. Any help would be great......thx BTW this is being done to a 97 ez txt, with a ge 380 on a club readend with a 700 logisystem cont. for club, so I need to go from 5000k pedal up to 0 k, pedal down....
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: pb-6 Mounting Question

If you figure it out, let me know. I want to use my pb-6 and controller from my ezgo to my CC. The best way I see is to mount the pb-6 up front of accell. petal and run wires under cart inside some conduit to controller and key switch.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

I am also looking at using a brake cable, which would allow me to mount the pb-6 almost anywhere. I will keep on working on it, but with hunting season in full swing some things get put on the back burner.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You might get the gas TXT peddle assembly and simply run the accel cable to the PB-6 ....... BAM! Finished
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Ended up doing some cutting on the ezgo steel case, which allowed me more room for arm. then we flipped arm on pb-6 to other side, took out spring on pb-6, took out the rubber bushing the acc. rod goes through, which allowed more room so the pb-6 arm which was mounted to a ball and slide attachment was not in a bind. adjusted the correct polarity and bolted. works perfect, and thx to my buddy that helped, he always has good ideas...............
Old 10-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PB-6 has one downfall ~ It does not work when wet ..... keeping it dry in that location may prove a small challenge. Of course the ITS did not work under water either.... good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO