lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
adam64850
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1997 upgraded or stock

Hello all, as you can probably tell I’m a newbie, I’m looking at two carts both 1997 EZGO, the first is all stock and needs batteries for $950. The other has new Trojans and 4ga cables and the seller tells me it has a high speed motor and controller that were installed from day one 1997 for $2400. Both look to be in about the same shape looks wise, but this is just from pictures, I haven’t driven them yet. I’m going tomorrow to test drive, what should I look for on the upgraded one? Or should I buy the stock one and do the upgrades myself? Thanks for any help.
adam64850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1997 upgraded or stock

Adam, Welcome to BGW!

1997 TXT carts would be either Series or DCS. If I was buying one I would want the Series cart and not the DCS. A Series cart will have a long metal rod from the F/R actuator to the F/R assembly under the passenger seat. DCS cart will NOT have this long handle arrangement. Good luck!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can see you are smarter than the average person. You are asking before buying
Honestly the price sounds high on the cart needing batteries.
And for sure you could not fix it up to match the second cart for the price difference ........ provided the fixed up cart has no major problems.... hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
adam64850
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So is there anyway to tell if the upgraded cart was really upgraded? Since it was done so long ago the parts won't look new. Should I just hit the gas and if I get whiplash buy it?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if it was upgraded the controller cover will be more that likely cut so the bigger controller will fit.

you may be able to look at the motor. if it not black it is more than likely an aftermarket motor.

these are 2 features to look at.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

The motor should have a plate on it showing the model# and manufacturer. Get those numbers and the gurus here should be able to tell you what type of motor cart has. Check the controller for a plate also, but not sure if all controllers have a plate on them. My logisystems controller has no specific marking on it that I can tell.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
adam64850
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Now I've found a place that has 2006 EZ-GO PDS Electrics for $2200 with new batteries, don't know what kind, would this be a better deal? I know the motor and other stuff would be stock, but the rest of the basic cart parts would be much newer.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam64850 View Post
Now I've found a place that has 2006 EZ-GO PDS Electrics for $2200 with new batteries, don't know what kind, would this be a better deal? I know the motor and other stuff would be stock, but the rest of the basic cart parts would be much newer.
It depends on your application. If you are hunting or using this for offroad, lifting, etc, it is NOT recommended that you get the PDS cart because of the extreme amounts of heat it generates. If you are just cruising around the neighborhood, then I would go with the PDS cart. You can add 3-5 mph with $5 and a PDS cart.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the 06 is a better deal.

if you want to lift the cart just remove any "chips" that r in the controller. you will be ok for a little while.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO