lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
move
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 80's rebuild

First off Hello!

I am doing alot of need maintance to this cart and looking for a good place to find the parts I need. Plus if there is any upgrade parts I should go with instead.

I have cutout and rebuilt the battery trays and in the process of replacing damaged wires. When the cart came to me, my father inlaw said it only had high gear! I told him it wasn't suppose to have any gears, but one! So in the hopes of correcting that problem I have cleaned the five contacts of all the corrosion and what not. I have yet to finish the wiring so I don't know if that has fixed the problem.

So to shorten a long story, I would like to know a good place to buy some items? Rear springs, Top, Seat covers and possably the electronics.

Thanks,
move is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: 80's rebuild

There are some great sponsers on this site that can help you out and give great advice. Click onto their ads. Theres always ebay, but here you have customer support.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
move
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have been looking around at the different websites. I guess I am just interested in who everyone likes.

I finally found a wiring diagram for the batteries and have been comparing the wiring diagram to the one I made when I removed the wires. I noticed that someone had some batteries in parallal and some in series!
This thing is messed up! I was hoping to give the cart a little more umph, so if there is any tricks or suggestions I would appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

WELCOME !!!
No parallel batteries! Are your batteries good? Have you tested them? How? There are several upgrades available. Simple = upgrade all cables from 6g to 4 gauge to allow more amps to flow. Or a voltage upgrade from 36v to 48 volts. Motor upgrades & rebuilds available. There are some replaceable contact studs in the F/R switch and the speed selector, make sure these are good. Electric carts need fresh, tight, clean connections.
Like Mike says we all like our site sponsors so check them all out - visit their sites. Lots of good info out there....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
move
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,

I just bought six new batteries (no seconds). I was a little hesitant to buy them, but I figured since one of the old batteries had ruptured and the rest where bulging that had to be the problem. Let alone the bad wiring.

The owner couldn't afford another cart so I figure I might as well replace what needs replacing.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Scottyb wrote:
"Simple = upgrade all cables from 6g to 4 gauge to allow more amps to flow. Or a voltage upgrade from 36v to 48 volts. Motor upgrades & rebuilds available. There are some replaceable contact studs in the F/R switch and the speed selector, make sure these are good. Electric carts need fresh, tight, clean connections."

You are on your way to a gd running cart. Charge your new batteries up now.
And when you start to use them do not drain them down too far and then recharge. Do this for the first ten cycles, being careful not to drain them for more than about 30 minutes run time.....During this time they should get stronger and stronger...Go with the 6g cables right off the bat.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Keep us posted on the sites u find for parts...thanks
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbone49 View Post
Keep us posted on the sites u find for parts...thanks

Support our site sponsers.....
All of the sites listed here are gauranteed good! No Chineese junk!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...-sponsors.html
Old 03-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

no bu
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

The contacts are probably gone, my trike had only high speed because the speed control assembly was shot.If its a trike make sure to get pictures. O an welcome to BGW.!
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO