lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
BajaBouy
Not Yet Wild

Default '85 Club Car will only idle

(I think it is an '85.) Has "OHV" engine. The throttle cable at the carb moves as expected when the pedal is floored with the ignition turned off. With ignition on (and the engine idling) the throttle cable at the carb moves very little when the pedal is 'floored', so it seems there is a feature that is restricting cable motion at the carb. (Maybe to allow the engine to warm up? Idling the engine for an extended period does nothing except run the battery down.) I looked at the diagrams but I did not find what the numbers refer to. Would someone please straighten me out on this?

The cart had sat for 6 months & when I went to start it the battery had 4.4V. I replaced the battery & everything seems reassembled properly except for the little problem described above. It has been 24F to 32F at night lately.
BajaBouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: '85 Club Car will only idle

pull the carb and give her a good cleaning. make sure you have a good fuel filter, not goober up.
folow your cable from the pedal to the governor, make sure the spring is ok, then from the arm to the carb check out all the same.

as far as the 85, i would have to assume that with a ohv kawpow engine, it will be a 1995, not a 1985 engine. it would have a flathead engine, or basiclly the spark plug on top, and no exposed valve cover. but i could be wrong.
also get you a bottle of seafoam, topp off the tank of fuel and add about 1/3 of the bottle to the tank, it will stabilize the fuel and clean the carb out when you drive. even though we know you will probally pull it and tear it down and give it a good cleaning with a quality carb and choke cleaner !
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car