lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #11
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default Re: starting issue

No rev limiter. It's am '86.
Buggies Unlimited has the excitor coil for $80. The only place I have found so far where I can get it in about 3 days. I could get it a little cheaper but have ordered from about 4 other places and it usually takes 2-3 weeks. I think the $5 difference is worth it. Wish I could find another place like that. The only issue I have had with them so far was when I got my tires and wheels. I forgot to order lug nuts. Told them that I wanted to add them to the order because it was early the next morning when I read the email of my order. They changed my order, no problem. I got the 2 locking nuts I ordered and 2 regular nuts. Duh. How can I bolt 4 tires on with that?
I should be reguarded as a top customer by now. Placed about 10 orders in the last 6 months with them. Trying to get the father-in-laws carts all going. He has 7 total. Including a 6 Passenger. I believe they call it a villager. His favorite.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Dude U do know that this site was started by disillusioned Buggies Unlimited users.
So being one of their preferred users , is something I would keep to myself.
We have a bunch of approved site sponsors and always give them 1st shot.

JUST For future reference ....
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah whatever they sell you i,ll bet can be found cheaper........as gleemo said at one time that was the place to go but go to thier forums now and your lucky to see a handful of new questions in a week long period......its just a dead place..............i know if you check my posts there i was there as much as i come here but that all changed..................... i won,t get into why but they have nothing to offer that can,t be had here from the site sponsers...........i still check in and try and help buty now maybe once a week or so.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
mortimer
Getting Wild

Ooops. K gotcha. BTW that was just an assumption. Sorry about that. Anyone know where I can get parts quickly? I know I can get things cheaper. I have about 15 sites in my favorites to order parts from. Check every one when I needed something for the lowest cost. Just took so stupid long to get here. None ever sent me a catalog or cupons. A lot of the older cart parts aren't even listed. And yeah, I have 3 cart forums saved also. This is the only one that people seem to hang out at. And know their sh**. Should probably start organizing and deleting.

Am getting funky readings on the coils behind the flywheel. Hoping there might be a loose or screwed up wire. Am taking a break at the moment. Flywheel ready to be removed.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
mortimer
Getting Wild

Ok, removed flywheel and exciting coil/pulsing coil unit. Tested both and they are fine. A tad rusty but are in good condition. No open wires and all looks well. Now what? Also noticed one of my tester ends is loose. Will clean all grounding pionts and connections and put back in. Test again to be sure and go from there.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Ok, removed flywheel and exciting coil/pulsing coil unit. Tested both and they are fine. A tad rusty but are in good condition. No open wires and all looks well. Now what? Also noticed one of my tester ends is loose. Will clean all grounding pionts and connections and put back in. Test again to be sure and go from there.
You have PM Mortimer.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car